Damage from water or flooding can shift your daily routine entirely. If ignored, water stains or a flood can leave permanent damage to your property. These problems require a speedy response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City.
You’ll need more than towels and a fan to take care of flood or water damage in your home. Although you can easily clean surface water from walls and floors, water can seep into lower layers and between walls without you knowing. Without skilled assistance, the likelihood of mold growth and lasting water damage increase.
Disregarding water damage can cost you significant time and money as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts repair these issues to revive your property to a comfortable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is famous across Salt Lake City for our superior restoration. Our knowledgeable experts leave homes and businesses in better condition than they found them. We act fast, professionally and effectively. Contact Liberty Restoration today.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
When handling water damage in your home, remember these procedures to certify a safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the wet area
- Place fans around to disseminate the air and remove moisture from the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the flooded area
- Dry wet pillows and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Remove photos, paintings and valuables to a level, dry location
- Remove soaked fabrics and air them out
- Remove wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Remember that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off further destruction:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on soaked areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Has your property been affected by flooding from cracked pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City will help you out. Call us today.
Salt Lake City Flood Damage Before & After Restoration