Issues like broken pipes can induce flooding, which typically causes significant water damage inside your home. It is important to find the right company that can clean up a flooded basement. These issues need a quick response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Woods Cross.
Taking care of flood or water damage requires more work than household methods. Significant to severe damage can seep into floorboards, walls and layers under your house that aren’t as straightforward to remove alone. This remaining moisture can harm your home and leave it prone to mold development.
Neglecting damage caused by water can become very costly as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup team remedy these areas to return your property to a comfortable state in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known across Woods Cross for our superior restoration. We send skilled specialists to properties to remove water and flood damage. Talk to Liberty Restoration now. We work promptly, professionally and efficiently.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
If you’re coping with water damage anywhere else in your house, follow these methods before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the flooded spot
- Put fans around to circulate airflow and remove moisture from the room
- Soak up as much water as possible
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the wet area
- Dry damp pillows and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Remove pictures, documents and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Clear away damp clothes and dry them
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off further harm:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Do call a water damage specialist as soon as you can
The Best Company for Affordable Flood Damage Restoration
Has your house been affected by flooding from cracked pipes or wet weather? Liberty Restoration in Woods Cross can answer the call. Call 801-917-3803 soon. Liberty Restoration performs affordable basement flood damage repair in Woods Cross.