Damage from water or flooding can disrupt your daily life completely. If left untreated, water stains or flooding can leave permanent damage to your property. It’s vital to call the right company that can clean up a flooded room. These issues call for immediate action from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in St George.
You’ll need more than mops and a vacuum to remove water or flood damage in your home. While you can easily remove standing water from walls and floors, water can leak into subfloors and into drywall without you knowing. This leftover moisture can eat at your home’s foundation and increase the chances for mold growth.
Ignoring flood damage can have a high price as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts repair the damage to restore your property to a livable condition quickly.
Liberty Restoration is famous across St George for our superior work. We send well trained professionals to businesses and homes to take care of water and flood damage. We work quickly, effectively and professionally. Contact Liberty Restoration now.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
If you’re coping with flood or water damage in your basement, follow these strategies before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Invest in dehumidifiers around the affect spot
- Place fans around to disseminate airflow and remove moisture from the room
- Clean up as much water as possible
- Use a hanger to raise curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet cushions and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Remove photos, documents and art to a level, dry area
- Remove damp fabrics and dry them
- Remove wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best outcome
Take it into account that there are also numerous things you should not do to avoid further impairment:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to get rid of water
- Avoid using electrical devices on wet areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Do contact a water damage expert as soon as you can
The Best Company for Affordable Flood Damage Restoration
Liberty Restoration operates from offices in St George, allowing us to offer our services throughout Utah with flood and other water damage situations. If your property has been harmed by an issue like broken pipes, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, call Liberty Restoration in St George at 801-917-3803 now.