Water or flood damage can change your every day routine entirely. If left untreated, water damage or flooding can leave lasting harm to your property. These issues call for a quick response from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in St George.
Treating water or flood damage takes more effort than a towel and vacuums. Moderate to severe damage can seep into subflooring, drywalls and the lower layers of your property that are tough to treat on your own. This leftover water can harm your home and increase the chances for mold development.
Neglecting water damage can be extremely expensive as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts remedy these problems to revive your property to a livable condition quickly.
If you’re looking for restoration specialists in St George, Liberty Restoration is the group for the job. Our qualified professionals leave businesses and homes in better condition than they were before. Call Liberty Restoration now. We always act quickly, professionally and efficiently.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
If you’re dealing with flood or water damage in your basement, remember these procedures to certify a safe restoration:
- Install dehumidifiers near the wet area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and dry the area
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the soaked area
- Dry wet pillows and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Relocate photos, paintings and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Clear away soaked fabrics and air them out
- Transfer wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off add to the impairment:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Avoid using electrical devices on wet carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Do contact a water damage specialist as soon as you can
The Best Company for Flood Damage Restoration
Liberty Restoration operates from offices in St George, allowing us to assist clients throughout Utah with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your property has been affected by a issue like burst pipes, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, call Liberty Restoration in St George at 801-917-3803 immediately.