Complications like broken pipes can lead to flooding, which typically causes serious water damage inside your home. It is vital to call the right company that can clean up a flooded basement. These problems need immediate attention from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in South Jordan.
You’ll need more than mops and a fan to reverse flood or water damage in your home. Moderate to severe damage gets into subflooring, walls and layers under your home that aren’t as simple to remove alone. This remaining water can eat at your home and increase the chances for mold development.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t an issue homeowners can overlook for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup team fix the damage to restore your home to a habitable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known throughout South Jordan for our quality work. Our qualified professionals leave water damaged areas in better shape than they found them. We act quickly, professionally and effectively. Contact Liberty Restoration today.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
After experiencing a flood, follow these strategies before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the affect spot
- Place fans around to disseminate airflow and dry the room
- Mop up as much water as possible
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the wet area
- Dry wet cushions and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Remove pictures, paintings and valuables to a stable, dry area
- Clear away damp clothes and air them out
- Transfer wet books from shelves and spread out pages for the best outcome
Remember that there are also various things you should not do to evade add to the impairment:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Avoid using electrical devices on wet areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the more you wait, the more damage will happen
Contact Liberty Restoration for Flood Damage Repair
Liberty Restoration does business from offices in Salt Lake City and St. George, allowing us to offer our services throughout Utah with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been damaged by an issue like leaky pipes, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, talk to Liberty Restoration in South Jordan at 801-917-3803 today.