Water or flood damage can completely change the every day routine in your home. If ignored, water damage or flooding can result in lasting damage to your home. It’s critical to use the right company that can clean up a flooded room. Liberty Restoration responds quickly with qualified specialists and proven repair methods to repair flood damage caused by broken pipes.
It takes more than towels and a vacuum to reverse water or flood damage in your house. While it’s easy to clean surface water from areas in your home, water can leak into subfloors and between walls without you realizing. This leftover water can damage your home’s foundation and increase the chances for mold development.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t an issue homeowners can ignore for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists repair the damage to restore your home to a livable state quickly.
If you need a company that can clean up a flooded room, Liberty Restoration is best for the job. Our qualified professionals leave water damaged areas in better shape than they found them. We work quickly, professionally and effectively. Call Liberty Restoration today.
How to Handle Water Damage at Home
After experiencing a flood, follow these strategies before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Place fans around to disseminate airflow and dry the area
- Soak up as much water as possible
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the wet area
- Dry wet cushions and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Transfer pictures, paintings and valuables to a level, dry location
- Remove moist clothes and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for the best results
Keep in mind that there are also numerous things you should not do to evade further impairment:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Avoid using electrical devices on soaked carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will happen
Contact Us for Affordable Flood Damage Restoration
Liberty Restoration does business from offices in Ogden, enabling us to offer our services throughout Utah with flood and other water damage situations. If your home has been affected by an issue like burst plumbing, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, contact Liberty Restoration in Ogden at 801-917-3803 now.