Water or flood damage can disrupt your daily life entirely. If ignored, water damage or a flood can result in permanent harm to your property. It is critical to call the right company that can clean up a flooded room. These issues call for immediate attention from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Midvale.
You’ll need more than mops and a fan to reverse flood or water damage in your home. Although you can easily clean standing water from walls and floors, water can leak into subfloors and into drywall without you being aware. This leftover water can eat at your home’s foundation and leave it prone to mold growth.
Ignoring flood damage can become very costly as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists repair the damage to restore your property to a livable state quickly.
If you require a company that can clean up a flooded room, Liberty Restoration is the group for the job. Our knowledgeable professionals leave water damaged areas in better shape than they found them. Talk to Liberty Restoration now. We always act fast, courteously and efficiently.
How to Handle Water Damage at Home
After experiencing a flood, use these strategies to warrant a proper restoration:
- Install dehumidifiers around the wet spot
- Place fans around to distribute airflow and dry the area
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a hanger to raise curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet pillows and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Remove photos, documents and art to a stable, dry spot
- Clear away moist clothes and air them out
- Transfer wet books from shelves and open the pages for best outcome
Keep in mind that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off add to the harm:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to get rid of water
- Avoid using electrical devices on wet carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the more you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration for Flood Damage Repair
Liberty Restoration does business from a location in Salt Lake City and St. George, allowing us to assist customers across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your property has been harmed by a disaster like burst pipes, a severe rainstorm, cracked foundation or damaged drainage, call Liberty Restoration in Midvale, Ut at 801-917-3803 now.