Problems like broken plumbing can lead to flooding, which frequently leads to serious water damage inside your home. It’s vital to call a company that can clean up a flooded basement. These scenarios call for a fast response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Midvale.
You will need more than towels and a vacuum to reverse water or flood damage in your house. Although you can easily clean surface water from areas in your home, water can leak into subfloors and into drywall without you knowing. Without trained restoration, opportunity for mold development and permanent water damage increase.
Unfortunately, water damage is not something you can ignore for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals remedy these issues to revive your property to a comfortable state in no time.
Liberty Restoration is famous across Midvale for our reliable restoration. We send skilled contractors to businesses and homes to treat water and flood damage. Contact Liberty Restoration now. We always act quickly, professionally and efficiently.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
After experiencing a flood, remember these methods before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers around the flooded area
- Put fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the wet area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Remove pictures, paintings and art to a stable, dry area
- Remove soaked fabrics and air them out
- Remove wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best outcome
Keep in mind that there are also various things you should not do to avoid add to the damage:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on soaked carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Do call a flood damage specialist immediately
Contact Liberty Restoration for Flood Damage Repair
Liberty Restoration works from offices in Midvale, enabling us to provide our services throughout Utah with flood and other water damage situations. If your property has been affected by a problem like leaky pipes, a severe rainstorm, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, call Liberty Restoration in Midvale at 801-917-3803 now.