Water or flood damage can completely shift the every day schedule in your home. If ignored, water damage or a flood can result in lasting damage to your home. These issues require a quick response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Logan.
It takes more than towels and a fan to reverse water or flood damage in your home. Significant to serious damage leaks into subflooring, walls and layers under your home that are tough to take care of on your own. This remaining water can harm your home’s foundation and leave it prone to mold growth.
Ignoring damage caused by water can cost you significant time and money as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals remedy these problems to revive your home to a livable condition quickly.
Liberty Restoration is famous across Logan for our superior work. Our skilled experts leave homes and businesses better than they were before. Contact Liberty Restoration now. We work fast, professionally and effectively.
How to Handle Water Damage at Home
When handling water damage in your home, remember these strategies before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers around the flooded area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and remove moisture from the area
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the flooded area
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Remove photos, paintings and art to a stable, dry location
- Remove moist clothes and dry them
- Transfer wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also several things you should not do to evade further impairment:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Don’t use electrical devices on wet areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration for Flood Damage Repair
Liberty Restoration operates from offices in Logan, allowing us to help clients across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been damaged by a issue like broken plumbing, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, call Liberty Restoration in Logan at 801-917-3803 today.