Water or flood damage can totally shift the daily schedule in your home. If left untreated, water damage or a flood can leave lasting harm to your home. It is important to find a company that can clean up a flooded room. Liberty Restoration moves quickly with trained specialists who use proven treatment methods to repair flood damage caused by heavy rains.
Removing flood or water damage requires more effort than cleaning a small spill. Although it’s simple to remove standing water from areas in your home, water can seep into lower layers and between drywall without you knowing. Without professional help, the likelihood of mold development and permanent water damage rises.
Ignoring water damage can become very costly as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts repair the damage to revive your home to a livable condition quickly.
Liberty Restoration is known throughout Centerville for our quality restoration. We send our most qualified professionals to homes and businesses to remove flood and water damage. We work quickly, professionally and effectively. Call Liberty Restoration now.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
If you’re coping with water damage in your basement, follow these methods to ensure a proper restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Place fans around to circulate airflow and dry the area
- Soak up as much water as possible
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the flooded area
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Relocate photos, documents and valuables to a stable, dry area
- Remove moist fabrics and dry them
- Remove wet books from bookcases and spread out pages for the best outcome
Keep in mind that there are also various things you should not do to evade further destruction:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Don’t use electrical devices on wet carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the more you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration for Flood Damage Repair
Has your house been impaired by flooding from broken pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Centerville can help you out. Call 801-917-3803 now. Liberty Restoration can provide you affordable basement flood damage repair in Centerville, Ut.