Complications like defective plumbing can lead to flooding, which usually results in significant water destruction inside your home. These problems call for a speedy response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Cedar City.
Treating water or flood damage takes more effort than cleaning a minor spill. Although it’s easy to remove standing water from areas in your home, water can soak into lower layers and between drywall without you realizing. This leftover water can damage your home’s foundation and increase the chances for mold development.
Ignoring damage caused by water can have a high price as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals repair the damage to revive your home to a livable state quickly.
Liberty Restoration is famous throughout Cedar City for our superior restoration. We send well trained contractors to properties to take care of flood and water damage. We work quickly, professionally and effectively. Contact Liberty Restoration today.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
If you encounter water damage in your home, follow these strategies to warrant a safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the wet area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and remove moisture from the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the wet area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Transfer photos, paintings and valuables to a level, dry location
- Clear away soaked fabrics and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also various things you should not do to avoid further destruction:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Avoid using electrical devices on soaked carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
The Best Company for Flood Damage Restoration
Has your home been affected by flooding from broken pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Cedar City can help you out. Call 801-917-3803 today.