Issues like faulty pipes can induce flooding, which frequently causes serious water destruction inside your home. Liberty Restoration of Bountiful reacts immediately by sending trained professionals who use proven treatment processes to repair flood damage caused by heavy rains.
Removing water or flood damage requires more effort than a mop and vacuums. While you can easily remove standing water from areas in your home, water can drip into subfloors and into walls without you knowing. This remaining water can damage your home’s foundation and increase the chances for mold development.
Unfortunately, water damage isn’t something you can overlook for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts repair the damage to return your home to a habitable condition quickly.
If you’re looking for restoration experts around Bountiful, Liberty Restoration is the group for the job. Our knowledgeable professionals leave properties in better condition than they found them. We act fast, professionally and effectively. Reach out to Liberty Restoration now.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
After experiencing a flood, remember these guidelines before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Invest in dehumidifiers near the affect area
- Place fans around to disseminate the air and remove moisture from the area
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the soaked area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Relocate photos, documents and art to a level, dry location
- Clear away damp clothes and dry them
- Remove wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also various things you should not do to avoid further destruction:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Us for a Flood Damage Remediation Quote
Has your home been affected by flooding from broken plumbing or wet weather? Liberty Restoration in Bountiful can answer the call. Call 801-917-3803 today.