Nobody would ever enjoy finding sewer damage in their home. Liberty Restoration helps the Salt Lake City region with this scenario, regardless if it’s from toilet seepage, pipe blockage or corroded pipes, we’re here to fix it. Don’t wait to get help with this issue if you encounter it. Get the specialists from Liberty Restoration to assist you with the situation, no matter how big or small.
Hazards of Sewage Backup
If you try to fix the backup yourself, the situation can intensify. A scenario that involves sewage is usually a tough one, so it’s essential to proceed carefully. Sewage of any type harbor microbes and toxins that may result in illness.
We begin sanitation by eliminating liquid and solid debris. We need to also dry the problem spot before we can fix the sewer infrastructure. We then begin sanitization steps to remove and counteract the toxic waste material present in the sewage. We work quickly to neutralize odors and anything that may foster mold. In serious situations, Liberty Restoration can take steps for mold removal to avoid worse issues.
Keeping Your Family Safe
The contractors with Liberty Restoration have years of training and experience with sewage removal techniques. Not following these steps can expose yourself to toxins. While we recommend waiting for our professionals to appear on the scene, please take these precautions:
- Keep kids and pets away from affected areas.
- Always use waterproof gloves or rubber boots if entering the area.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- Any affected fabrics should be cleaned in hot water or taken to a professional dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a small amount of contamination should be thrown out.
- Do not consume or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly with soap after being around contaminated areas, especially before drinking.