No one would ever have fun discovering sewer backup in their house. Whether it’s a blocked or corroded pipe or seeping toilet, Liberty Restoration serves the Salt Lake City Ut area with sewer backup sanitation. Don’t wait to get help with this problem if you find it. Get the contractors of Liberty Restoration to assist you with the problem, no matter the scope.
Hazards of Sewage Breaks
If you try to address the spill alone, the issue can become worse. A scenario with sewage is usually a delicate one, so it’s important to continue precisely. Even small overflows carry a mixture of chemicals that may cause disease like Salmonella.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have protective equipment that allows us to start get rid of the waste and debris in the problem area. We have to additionally dry the area before treating the plumbing system. Next, we start disinfection procedures to remove and counteract the hazardous sewage the sewage contains. We work rapidly to remove buildup, odor and anything that may create mold. If your situation is especially severe, we can perform follow up checks to avoid growth of mold and other pathogens.
Before the Contractors Arrive
The contractors at Liberty Restoration are highly trained in sewage backup. Failure to follow these steps can put yourself in danger. Though we recommend waiting for our team to appear on the scene, follow these steps to prep the scene for the professionals:
- Keep the contaminated location and your family safe by sectioning off the area children and animals.
- Use water resistant gloves and rubber boots.
- Avoid direct contact with affected items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or taking them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Get rid of tainted items such as upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even a little contamination in porous items can spread illness.
- Get rid of all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Always wash your hands with hot water and soap after being in touch with.