Complications like broken pipes can produce flooding, which usually results in significant water damage inside your home. It’s critical to find the right company that can clean up a flooded basement. Liberty Restoration of Salt Lake City reacts immediately by sending skilled professionals and effective treatment techniques to repair flood damage caused by heavy rains.
Removing flood or water damage takes more effort than household methods. While it’s easy to remove surface water from walls and floors, water can soak into lower layers and into drywall without you knowing. Without skilled help, the likelihood of mold growth and permanent water damage increase.
Ignoring damage caused by water can become very costly as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists repair the damage to restore your home to a livable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known throughout Salt Lake City for our quality restoration. We send skilled contractors to properties to treat flood and water damage. We work rapidly, professionally and effectively. Call Liberty Restoration now.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
After experiencing a flood, follow these guidelines before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the flooded spot
- Place fans around to distribute airflow and remove moisture from the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the flooded area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Remove photos, documents and art to a level, dry spot
- Clear away damp fabrics and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from bookcases and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also numerous things you should not do to avoid add to the destruction:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Do call a water damage professional immediately
Contact Us for a Flood Damage Restoration Quote
Liberty Restoration works from a location in Salt Lake City, allowing us to help clients across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been damaged by a disaster like burst pipes, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, talk to Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City at 801-917-3803 today.