Problems like defective plumbing can cause flooding, which frequently results in hefty water destruction inside your home. These problems call for a fast response from trained contractors like those from Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City.
Removing flood or water damage takes more effort than a towel and fans. Moderate to severe damage gets into subflooring, drywalls and the lower layers of your home that are tough to take care of on your own. This leftover moisture can eat at your home’s foundation and increase the chances for mold development.
Neglecting flood damage can cost you significant time and money as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists fix these problems to return your home to a livable condition in no time.
When it comes to water damage removal contractors around Salt Lake City, Liberty Restoration is best to get the job done. Our knowledgeable experts leave water damaged areas in better condition than they were before. Call Liberty Restoration today. We always act quickly, courteously and effectively.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
If you’re dealing with flood or water damage anywhere else in your house, remember these strategies to certify a safe restoration:
- Install dehumidifiers around the flooded area
- Place fans around to disseminate the air and dry the room
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise draperies off the wet area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Relocate photos, paintings and art to a level, dry location
- Remove damp fabrics and dry them
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also various things you should not do to fend off further destruction:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Don’t use electrical devices on soaked carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration for Flood Damage Repair
Liberty Restoration operates from offices in Salt Lake City and St. George, allowing us to help customers across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been damaged by a issue like burst plumbing, a severe rainstorm, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, call Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City at 801-917-3803 now.