Problems like defective pipes can produce flooding, which frequently leads to hefty water damage inside your home. Liberty Restoration of Salt Lake City moves immediately with qualified professionals and effective restoration methods.
It takes more than towels and a fan to treat water or flood damage in your home. While you can easily remove standing water from walls and floors, water can leak into lower layers and between walls without you knowing. Without trained assistance, the likelihood of mold development and permanent water damage increase.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t a problem you can ignore for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals remedy the damage to revive your home to a livable state in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known throughout Salt Lake City for our reliable restoration. Our qualified professionals leave properties better than they found them. We work fast, professionally and effectively. Reach out to Liberty Restoration now.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
When handling water damage at home, remember these procedures to warrant a safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers around the wet area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and remove moisture from the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the wet area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Relocate photos, documents and valuables to a level, dry location
- Remove soaked fabrics and dry them
- Remove wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also several things you should not do to avoid further damage:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Avoid using electrical devices on soaked areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Standing Water Repair and Restoration
Liberty Restoration works from offices in Salt Lake City, allowing us to assist clients across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been affected by a disaster like broken plumbing, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, talk to Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City Water Damage Before & After Restoration