Water or flood damage can change your daily life completely. If left untreated, water damage or flooding can leave lasting harm to your home. These situations call for a fast response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City.
Removing flood or water damage requires more effort than cleaning a minor spill. Significant to serious damage leaks into subflooring, drywalls and the lower layers of your home that aren’t as easy to remove without help. This leftover water can eat at your home and leave it prone to mold development.
Neglecting flood damage can be extremely expensive as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals remedy the damage to revive your home to a livable condition quickly.
When it comes to water and flood damage professionals around Salt Lake City, Liberty Restoration is the group to get the job done. Our qualified professionals leave water damaged areas better than they found them. Call Liberty Restoration now. We always work fast, professionally and efficiently.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
After experiencing a flood, remember these procedures to warrant a safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the affect area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and remove moisture from the room
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise draperies off the soaked area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Remove photos, documents and art to a level, dry location
- Remove soaked fabrics and dry them
- Remove wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Remember that there are also several things you should not do to fend off further damage:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Don’t use electrical devices on wet carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Standing Water Restoration and Repair
Has your home been damaged by flooding from cracked pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City can assist you. Call us today.
Salt Lake City Water Damage Before & After Restoration