Complications like faulty pipes can cause flooding, which frequently leads to serious water damage inside your home. These issues call for a fast response from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City.
Removing flood or water damage takes more effort than cleaning a minor spill. Although it’s simple to remove surface water from walls and floors, water can soak into lower layers and into drywall without you knowing. This remaining water can damage your home’s foundation and increase the chances for mold growth.
Neglecting damage caused by water can become very costly as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts fix these problems to revive your home to a comfortable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known across Salt Lake City for our quality work. Our knowledgeable experts leave businesses and homes in better condition than they found them. We work fast, professionally and effectively. Reach out to Liberty Restoration today.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
When handling water damage at home, remember these strategies to ensure a safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the affect area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and dry the room
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the flooded area
- Dry wet upholstery and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Relocate photos, paintings and valuables to a level, dry location
- Clear away soaked clothes and dry them
- Remove wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also several things you should not do to avoid further impairment:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Don’t use electrical devices on soaked areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Do contact a water damage expert as soon as you can
Standing Water Repair and Restoration
Liberty Restoration works from offices in Salt Lake City and St. George, allowing us to assist clients across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been affected by a disaster like leaky plumbing, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, talk to Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City Water Damage Before & After Restoration