Issues like defective pipes can produce flooding, which typically causes serious water damage inside your home. These issues need immediate attention from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Woods Cross.
You’ll need more than mops and a fan to reverse water or flood damage in your home. Moderate to severe damage can seep into subflooring, drywalls and the lower layers of your home that aren’t as easy to take care of without help. Without professional restoration, the likelihood of mold development and lasting water damage increase.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t a problem homeowners can overlook for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals remedy these issues to revive your home to a livable condition quickly.
If you’re looking for water and flood damage contractors around Woods Cross, Liberty Restoration is perfect for the job. We hire skilled specialists to homes and businesses to take care of flood and water damage. We act fast, professionally and effectively. Call Liberty Restoration today.
Best Practices for Water Damage in a Home
After experiencing a flood, follow these strategies before the professionals arrive:
- Invest in dehumidifiers around the wet area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and remove moisture from the area
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the wet area
- Dry wet cushions and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Transfer photos, paintings and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Clear away moist fabrics and air them out
- Remove wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also several things you should not do to avoid add to the damage:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Standing Water Restoration and Repair
Has your home been impaired by flooding from broken plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Woods Cross will answer the call. Talk to us today.
Woods Cross Water Damage Before & After Restoration