Problems like broken pipes can induce flooding, which typically leads to serious water destruction inside your home. These scenarios call for a fast response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Woods Cross.
Taking care of flood or water damage takes more effort than cleaning a minor spill. While it’s easy to clean standing water from walls and floors, water can leak into lower layers and into drywall without you knowing. This remaining moisture can eat at your home’s foundation and leave it prone to mold development.
Unfortunately, water damage isn’t a problem homeowners can overlook for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists repair the damage to restore your property to a comfortable condition quickly.
Liberty Restoration is famous across Woods Cross for our superior work. We hire skilled contractors to homes and businesses to treat flood and water damage. We act fast, professionally and effectively. Reach out to Liberty Restoration today.
How to Handle Water Damage at Home
If you’re coping with water damage in your basement, follow these guidelines before the professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and dry the room
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the flooded area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Transfer photos, documents and art to a stable, dry location
- Clear away soaked clothes and dry them
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off further destruction:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Don’t use electrical appliances on soaked carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Has your property been affected by flooding from broken pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Woods Cross can help you out. Call us today.
Woods Cross Water Damage Before & After Restoration