Problems like defective plumbing can induce flooding, which usually results in hefty water damage inside your home. These situations require immediate attention from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Woods Cross.
Removing flood or water damage requires more effort than household methods. Although you can easily remove standing water from areas in your home, water can drip into subfloors and into drywall without you knowing. This leftover moisture can damage your home and leave it prone to mold development.
Unfortunately, water damage isn’t something homeowners can ignore for long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists repair these problems to return your property to a livable condition in no time.
When it comes to restoration professionals near Woods Cross, Liberty Restoration is best to get the job done. Our skilled professionals leave homes and businesses better than they found them. Contact Liberty Restoration now. We always act promptly, courteously and efficiently.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
After experiencing a flood, follow these strategies before the professionals arrive:
- Invest in dehumidifiers near the affect area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and dry the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the wet area
- Dry wet upholstery and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Relocate photos, documents and art to a level, dry location
- Clear away soaked fabrics and air them out
- Remove wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Remember that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off add to the harm:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Serving Woods Cross
Has your property been affected by flooding from broken plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Woods Cross can help you out. Call us today.
Woods Cross Water Damage Before & After Restoration