Issues like defective plumbing can produce flooding, which typically results in substantial water damage inside your home. These issues need a quick response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Woods Cross.
You’ll need more than towels and a vacuum to remove flood or water damage in your home. While it’s easy to remove standing water from walls and floors, water can drip into subfloors and between walls without you knowing. This remaining moisture can harm your home and increase the chances for mold development.
Disregarding flood damage can cost you significant time and money as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals fix these issues to return your property to a habitable state in no time.
When it comes to restoration experts near Woods Cross, Liberty Restoration is the group to get the job done. We hire well trained contractors to businesses and homes to treat flood and water damage. Contact Liberty Restoration today. We act fast, professionally and efficiently.
How to Handle Water Damage at Home
When handling water damage in your home, remember these guidelines to warrant a safe restoration:
- Invest in dehumidifiers near the wet area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the area
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Transfer photos, documents and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Remove moist clothes and dry them
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also several things you should not do to evade further impairment:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on soaked areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Do contact a flood damage professional as soon as you can
Standing Water Repair and Restoration
Has your property been impaired by flooding from broken pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Woods Cross can help you out. Call us today.
Woods Cross Water Damage Before & After Restoration