Nobody would ever like finding sewer damage in their house. Liberty Restoration assists the Woods Cross area with this scenario, whether it’s a result of pipe blockage, toilet seepage or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration is ready to fix it. When your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t delay getting assistance. Reach out to Liberty Restoration now to speak with a member of our staff to clean up the issue.
Hazards of Sewage Backup
If you attempt fixing the mess alone, it could make the spill worse. A scenario with sewage is usually a tough one, so it’s vital to work precisely. Sewage of any type carry bacteria and toxins that can cause illness.
The Liberty Restoration team has specialized equipment that allows us to begin get rid of the waste and liquids around the affected zone. In many cases, sewer damage repair can only begin as soon as the spot has been cleaned. Next, we start disinfection procedures to remove and counteract the toxic waste material the sewage contains. The Liberty Restoration team does the drying-out and extraction steps as quickly as we can to avoid mold and odor growth. In severe situations, Liberty Restoration can take steps to prevent mold and avoid issues from getting worse.
Responding to Sewage Damage
The specialists with Liberty Restoration have years of training and experience with sewage damage. Not following these methods can put yourself in danger. While we suggest waiting for our specialists to arrive on the scene, here are some precautions you can take:
- Keep kids and pets away from contaminated areas.
- Always use water resistant gloves or rubber boots if entering the location.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- Clean any fabric in hot water or bring them to a dry cleaner.
- Get rid of dirty items like carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even just a little residue in porous items can promote illness.
- Do not consume or keep any food that touches sewage backup.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly with soap after being around contaminated areas, particularly prior to drinking.