Sewer damage is likely the last thing you want to come home to. Whether it’s a blocked or corroded pipe or seeping toilet, Liberty Restoration serves the Woods Cross region with sewer damage cleanup. When your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t wait to call for help. Call Liberty Restoration right away to talk to a professional to reverse the issue.
Problems with Sewage Backup
Trying to treat sewage leaks without the proper certifications can result in aggravating the issue. Because of this, it is crucial to take the proper precautions to counteract your sewage issue to prevent it from getting worse. Sewage of all kinds carry microbes and pathogens that can create sickness.
We start treatment by eliminating liquid and solid debris. In many cases, sewer damage repair can only begin as soon as the area is dry. Armed with specialized tools, we will start treating your sewage damage situation. The Liberty Restoration staff finishes the aeration and extraction steps as fast as we can to prevent build up of mold or odor. In dire cases, Liberty Restoration contractors may take steps to prevent mold and avoid worse issues.
Before the Professionals Arrive
It can be tempting to try to clean up any sewage without the proper training and equipment. We suggest talking to a Liberty Restoration specialist before responding. To protect you and your family’s health, we suggest using caution and following some easy steps. You should:
- Block off soiled areas to prevent kids or animals from interfering.
- If you must grab anything from the area, use water resistant gloves and heavy duty rubber boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with touched items.
- Any compromised fabrics should be doused in hot water or brought to a professional dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a little contamination needs to be tossed.
- Throw out all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Always wash your hands with warm water and soap after being in contaminated areas.