Sewer damage is likely the last problem you would like to find in your home. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration helps the Woods Cross region with sewer damage sanitation. Don’t wait to get help with this issue if you find it. Contact Liberty Restoration right away to speak with a contractor to reverse the damage.
Hazards of Sewage Backup
If you try to fix the mess without proper training, the situation can become worse. Because of this, it is important to take the correct measures to reverse your sewage dilemma to prevent further issues. Even minor seeps carry a mixture of pathogens that can cause health problems like Hepatitis A.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have specialized equipment so they can begin eliminating the dirt and liquids in the problem area. Often, sewage treatment can only start once the spot is dry. Equipped with the right tools, we can begin reversing your sewage damage situation. We work quickly to remove buildup, odor and anything that may create mold. In dire situations, Liberty Restoration can take steps to keep mold away and avoid worse issues.
Responding to Sewage Damage
It can be tempting to try to clean up any backup without professional training. We suggest speaking with one of our specialists before responding. In order to protect your family’s health, you can prep the scene for our team by:
- Keep the contaminated area and your family safe by blocking off the area kids and animals.
- Wear water resistant gloves and rubber boots.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or bringing them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Get rid of dirty items such as carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even just a little residue in porous items can spread disease.
- Throw out all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Do not drink, eat or touch your face before thoroughly washing your hands.