Discovering sewer damage in your home is never a pleasant surprise. Liberty Restoration serves the Woods Cross, Ut area with help for these situations, no matter if it’s from toilet seepage, pipe blockage or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration is ready to help. Do not wait to get help with this issue if you run into it. Get the professionals from Liberty Restoration to assist you with the situation, regardless of how big the problem is.
Problems with Sewage Backup
Attempting to remove sewage leaks without the proper certifications can aggravate the situation. That’s why it is important to take careful precautions to counteract the damage issue to avoid further issues. Even minor spills carry a blend of chemicals that may result in illnesses like Hepatitis A and Salmonella.
We start sanitation by eliminating liquid and solid waste. Often, sewer damage treatment can only begin as soon as the area has been cleaned. Armed with specialized tools, we can start reversing your sewage damage situation. We work quickly to remove buildup, odor and anything that may breed mold. If your sewer damage is particularly serious, we can perform updates to stop the spread of pathogens and mold.
Responding to Sewage Damage
It can be tempting to try to clean up any contamination without a professional. We recommend speaking with a Liberty Restoration specialist before acting. In order to safeguard your health, we suggest taking great care and using some simple steps. You should:
- Keep children and pets away from contaminated spots.
- Use water resistant gloves and rubber boots.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- Any compromised fabrics should be cleaned in hot water or taken to a dry cleaner.
- Dispose of tainted items such as carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even just a little residue in porous items can promote illness.
- Discard all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Don’t drink, eat or touch your face prior to thoroughly washing your hands.