Call 1-888-334-6086 for assistance with mold removal
Mold Nobody wants to have mold growing in their home. By keeping your home clean, you can improve your odds of mold prevention. But even the cleanest home can have a mold problem. Mold can grow following unexpected flooding in the home or even living in a humid climate. If you find mold in your home, call Liberty Restoration for professional remediation services.
Through our proven mold removal services, our staff can completely eradicate mold from your home. On top of that, we will perform necessary steps to prevent future mold growth. Check out our list of Dos and Don’ts below to learn how to prevent mold on your own. Liberty Restoration is a resource you can trust for professional mold removal services in Woods Cross.
Mold Remediation Do’s and Don’ts
- Get an expert assessment of all mold issues by calling a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional.
- Avoid all contaminated areas until a professional has completed a mold inspection.
- Prevent any and all water sources from leaking onto the contaminated areas.
- Handle any contaminated documents carefully to keep the spores from spreading. Once they have dried completely, use a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum to remove as much mold as possible. Use fully sealed plastic bags to quickly dispose of the vacuum contents.
- If carpeting has been contaminated, use a wet vac. Steam cleaning is also helpful. Make sure the area is fully ventilated until it is completely dry. This will not completely eradicate mold, but will keep it from spreading.
- Don’t try to clean up large amounts of mold growth. This could cause invisible and dangerous spores to quickly spread in the air.
- Don’t apply bleach to mold. Bleach doesn’t only release harmful dioxins, but also will evaporate before killing viable source colonies and spores. Safer antimicrobial products are available.
- Don’t place fans on mold thinking it will go away. This may facilitate the movement of tiny spores through the air.
Find help with your mold problems in Woods Cross by contacting Liberty Restoration. We will provide a complete assessment and get started on your mold removal and remediation work as quickly as possible.