Complications like faulty plumbing can induce flooding, which frequently leads to significant water destruction inside your home. Liberty Restoration acts quickly by sending skilled specialists and effective treatment methods.
Treating flood or water damage takes more effort than a mop and fans. Although you can easily clean surface water from areas in your home, water can leak into lower layers and between walls without you realizing. Without professional restoration, chances for mold development and lasting water damage increase.
Overlooking flood damage can cost you significant time and money as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts fix these issues to return your property to a comfortable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is famous across West Valley City for our superior work. We hire our most qualified specialists to businesses and homes to take care of flood and water damage. We act fast, professionally and effectively. Contact Liberty Restoration now.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
When handling water damage in your home, follow these strategies before the professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise draperies off the soaked area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Transfer photos, paintings and art to a stable, dry location
- Remove soaked clothes and dry them
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Remember that there are also several things you should not do to avoid add to the destruction:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to get rid of water
- Don’t use electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Liberty Restoration operates from offices in Salt Lake City and St. George, enabling us to assist clients throughout Utah with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your property has been affected by a issue like broken pipes, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, contact Liberty Restoration in West Valley City immediately.
West Valley City Water Damage Before & After Restoration