Complications like broken plumbing can induce flooding, which typically leads to hefty water destruction inside your home. These situations need immediate attention from trained contractors like those from Liberty Restoration in West Valley City.
You’ll need more than mops and a vacuum to remove flood or water damage in your home. Moderate to severe damage can seep into floorboards, walls and the lower layers of your home that aren’t as easy to take care of on your own. This remaining moisture can eat at your home’s foundation and increase the chances for mold growth.
Overlooking water damage can be extremely expensive as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts fix the damage to return your home to a comfortable state quickly.
Liberty Restoration is known throughout West Valley City for our reliable restoration. Our skilled professionals leave water damaged areas in better condition than they were before. Contact Liberty Restoration today. We always act fast, courteously and efficiently.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
After experiencing a flood, remember these strategies to warrant a safe restoration:
- Invest in dehumidifiers near the affect area
- Place fans around to disseminate the air and remove moisture from the room
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Remove photos, paintings and art to a stable, dry location
- Remove soaked clothes and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also numerous things you should not do to evade add to the damage:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to get rid of water
- Avoid using electrical devices on wet carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Serving West Valley City
Has your home been affected by flooding from broken plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in West Valley City can assist you. Call us today.
West Valley City Flood Damage Before & After Restoration