Sewer backup is probably the last issue you want to come home to. Liberty Restoration serves the West Valley City, Ut area with assistance for these situations, whether it’s caused by toilet seepage, pipe blockage or corroded pipes, we’re here to fix it. When your plumbing lines take on damage, don’t wait to get assistance. Get the specialists at Liberty Restoration to remedy the issue, whatever the scale.
Hazards of Sewage Breaks
Trying to clean up sewage backup without the right certifications can worsen the problem. A scenario that involves sewage is always a delicate one, so it’s vital to continue with caution. Sewage of all sorts carry bacteria and toxins that may result in sickness.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have specialized technology so they can start clearing out the dirt and debris around the mess. We need to additionally clean the area before we can fix the plumbing system. Next, we start sanitization steps to remove and counteract the toxic sewage inside the sewage. The Liberty Restoration staff completes the aeration and extraction procedures rapidly to prevent mold and odor growth. If your sewage backup is especially serious, we can conduct follow up checks to stop growth of mold and other pathogens.
Responding to Sewage Overflow
Please do not attempt to remove any backup without professional training. We recommend speaking with one of our contractors before responding. In order to protect your wellbeing, you can prepare the scene for our specialists by:
- Keep the contaminated area and your family safe by sectioning off the area children and pets.
- Use waterproof rubber boots and gloves.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected items.
- Any compromised fabrics should be cleaned in hot water or taken to a dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a bit contamination should be tossed.
- Discard all contaminated food that touches sewage water.
- Do not drink, eat or touch your face prior to thoroughly washing your hands.