Sewer backup is probably the last thing you would like to discover in your home. Liberty Restoration helps the West Valley City area with these situations, whether it’s caused by corroded pipes, toilet seepage or pipe blockage, we’re here to help. If your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t wait to get assistance. Reach out to Liberty Restoration right away to speak with a member of our staff to fix the problem.
Attempting to take care of sewage backup without the proper certifications can aggravate the issue. Because of this, it is vital to take the proper measures to reverse the backup issue to avoid further issues. Sewage of all kinds carry microbes and pathogens that may result in disease.
Our contractors have sanitized equipment that allows us to start removing the waste and liquids around the affected zone. In many cases, sewer damage treatment can only begin once the area has been cleaned. Equipped with specialized technology, we will start treating any ruptures, leaks or cracks causing the problem. Our team completes the drying-out and extraction steps as fast as we can to avoid mold and odor growth. In serious situations, Liberty Restoration contractors may take steps to prevent mold and prevent problems from getting worse.
Before Liberty Restoration Arrives
The specialists at Liberty Restoration have years of training and experience with sewage backup. Failure to follow these steps can expose yourself to pathogens. While we recommend holding off until our professionals to arrive at your home, follow these steps to prep the scene for the professionals:
- Keep the contaminated area and your family safe by blocking off the area children and animals.
- In the event you have to get items from the area, use waterproof gloves and tough boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected items.
- Clean fabrics in hot water or take them to a dry cleaner.
- Get rid of dirty items such as upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even a little residue in porous items can spread illness.
- Get rid of all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap after coming into contact with contaminated areas, particularly prior to drinking.