Discovering sewer backup in your home is a terrible thing. Liberty Restoration assists the West Valley City area with these situations, regardless if it’s from corroded pipes, toilet seepage or pipe blockage, Liberty Restoration is ready to fix it. When your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t delay calling for help. Get the specialists of Liberty Restoration to assist you with the situation, whatever the scale.
If you try addressing the spill yourself, the problem can spread. That’s why it is essential to take careful care to counteract your backup dilemma to prevent it from getting worse. Sewage of any type contain bacteria and toxins that can cause disease.
The Liberty Restoration specialists begin sanitation by clearing out liquid and solid waste. Often, sewer damage treatment can only start once the location has been cleaned. We then begin sanitization steps to remove and neutralize the toxic waste material present in the sewage. The Liberty Restoration team finishes the drying-out and extraction procedures swiftly to prevent mold and odor growth. If your situation is particularly bad, we can conduct follow up checks to stop growth of pathogens and mold.
Responding to Sewage Overflow
The contractors at Liberty Restoration are highly trained in sewage removal techniques. Failure to follow these steps can put yourself in danger. While we suggest waiting for our professionals to arrive at your home, please follow these precautions:
- Keep the contaminated area and your family safe by sectioning off the area kids and pets.
- Wear water resistant gloves and rubber boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with touched possessions.
- You might be able to save some possessions by cleaning them in hot water or bringing them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a small amount of contamination needs to be tossed.
- Throw out all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Clean your hands thoroughly with soap after coming into contact with contaminated areas, particularly prior to drinking.