Nobody would ever enjoy discovering sewer backup in their home. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration helps the West Valley City region with sewer backup services. Do not wait to get help with this dilemma if you find it. Call Liberty Restoration today to speak with a professional to fix the issue.
Hazards of Sewage Breaks
If you try fixing the mess yourself, it could make the spill worse. A situation that involves sewage is always a hard one, so it’s important to proceed with caution. Sewage of any kind carry microbes and toxins that may result in disease.
Our team has protective equipment that allows us to start clearing out the waste and debris around the affected zone. Often, sewer damage treatment can only begin once the spot has been cleaned. Next, we start sanitization procedures to remove and counteract the hazardous waste material inside the sewage. We work rapidly to remove odors and anything that may breed mold. In dire cases, Liberty Restoration contractors may take steps to prevent mold and prevent issues from getting worse.
Responding to Sewage Overflow
The professionals at Liberty Restoration have years of training and knowledge about sewage removal techniques. Not following these steps can put yourself in danger. Though we recommend holding off until our specialists to appear at your home, here are some precautions you can take:
- Block off contaminated areas to prevent children or pets from getting sick.
- Always use waterproof gloves or rubber boots before entering the area.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or bringing them to a dry cleaner.
- Dispose of tainted items like upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even just a little residue in porous items can promote illness.
- Discard all contaminated food that touches sewage water.
- Always clean your hands with hot water and soap after being in touch with.