Finding sewer backup in your home is never a pleasant surprise. Liberty Restoration serves the West Valley City, Ut area with assistance for these situations, whether it’s due to corroded pipes, toilet seepage or pipe blockage, Liberty Restoration is ready to fix it. Don’t neglect this problem if you encounter it. Get the professionals of Liberty Restoration to reverse the situation, no matter how big or small.
Hazards of Sewage Leaks
Trying to treat sewage spills without the right certifications can result in aggravating the issue. That’s why it is vital to take the correct precautions to counteract your backup problem to prevent it from getting worse. Even little spills carry a cocktail of toxins that may cause disease like Hepatitis A and Salmonella.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have specialized technology so they can start eliminating the dirt and debris in the problem area. In many cases, sewer damage repair can only start once the spot is dry. Equipped with the right tools, we will start treating any ruptures, leaks or cracks causing the problem. One of our primary goals is to neutralize odors and stop the leak at the source. If your sewage backup is especially serious, we will perform follow up checks to prevent mold growth.
Before the Contractors Arrive
Please do not attempt to remove any backup without the proper training and equipment. We suggest talking to one of our specialists before responding. To protect your family’s wellbeing, we advise taking great care and using some simple steps. You should:
- Keep the contaminated spot and your family safe by blocking off the area kids and pets.
- Always use waterproof rubber boots or gloves if walking into the area.
- Do not come in direct contact with touched items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or taking them to a dry cleaner.
- Get rid of dirty items like carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even just a little residue in porous items can spread disease.
- Get rid of all contaminated food that touches sewage backup.
- Don’t drink, eat or touch your face before thoroughly washing your hands.