Encountering sewer backup in your home is never a pleasant surprise. Liberty Restoration helps the West Valley City region with these situations, regardless if it’s from corroded pipes, toilet seepage or pipe blockage, we’re here to reverse the damage. When your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t delay getting service. Call Liberty Restoration now to speak with a contractor to fix the problem.
If you try to address the mess alone, it could make the situation worse. Because of this, it is important to take careful precautions to counteract the damage issue to prevent further issues. Even minor backups carry a mixture of chemicals that may result in disease like Hepatitis A.
We start sanitation by clearing out physical debris. We have to also air out the problem spot before we can fix the sewer system. Armed with the right tools, we will start reversing any ruptures, leaks or cracks causing the problem. The Liberty Restoration team finishes the aeration and removal steps as soon as we can to prevent build up of mold or odor. In dire situations, Liberty Restoration can conduct mold removal to avoid worse issues.
Keeping Your Family Safe
The specialists with Liberty Restoration are highly trained in sewage removal techniques. Failure to follow these steps can put yourself in danger. While we suggest holding off until our specialists to arrive on the scene, follow these steps to prep the scene for the professionals:
- Quarantine soiled areas to prevent kids or pets from tampering.
- Use waterproof rubber boots and gloves.
- Avoid direct contact with affected items.
- Any compromised fabrics should be doused in hot water or brought to a dry cleaner.
- Dispose of dirty items like upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even a little residue in porous items can spread illness.
- Do not eat or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Don’t drink, eat or touch your face before thoroughly cleaning your hands.