If you find mold in your home, call Liberty Restoration immediately! 1-888-334-6086
Mold can be described in various ways, but one word you will never hear is fun. You can improve your odds of preventing mold growth in your home with regular cleaning and maintenance. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that clean homes are exempt from these issues. Broken pipes, flooded basements, and even humid temperatures can lead to mold growth. Liberty Restoration can provide professional mold removal services if you come across a problem like this.
Through our proven mold removal services, our staff can completely remove any type of mold from your property. In addition, we will perform necessary remediation to work to prevent future mold growth. Look at our list of Dos and Don’ts below for ways to fight mold on your own. Receive professional mold removal service in West Valley City call Liberty Restoration.
Mold Remediation Do’s and Don’ts
- Get an expert assessment of all mold issues by calling a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional.
- Wait for a professional mold inspection before doing anything near contaminated areas.
- Keep any water away from contaminated areas, if possible.
- Handle any contaminated documents carefully to prevent the spores from spreading. After they have dried completely, remove as much mold as you can with a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum. Use fully sealed plastic bags to dispose of the vacuum contents.
- Try steam cleaning or a wet vac on contaminated carpeting. Until it dries completely, keep the area fully ventilated. Following these steps won’t remove all mold, but will go a long way to keep it from spreading.
- Don’t touch or attempt to clean up large amounts of mold growth. Spores are invisible to the naked eye, and slight disturbances can spread millions of them.
- Don’t apply bleach to mold. There are far better and safer antimicrobial products available. Bleach evaporates before it can kill viable spores and source colonies.
- Don’t place fans on mold thinking it will go away. This may actually cause mold spores to spread.
Let Liberty Restoration help take care of your West Valley City mold problems. We will provide an expert assessment and get started on your mold removal and remediation work as quickly as possible.