Damage from water or flooding can completely change the daily schedule in your home. If ignored, water damage or a flood can result in lasting damage to your home. Liberty Restoration of West Jordan moves quickly with skilled specialists who use effective restoration techniques.
Treating flood or water damage takes more effort than household methods. Although it’s simple to clean surface water from walls and floors, water can leak into subfloors and between drywall without you knowing. Without skilled restoration, chances for mold growth and permanent water damage increase.
Overlooking water damage can become very costly as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts remedy these issues to return your home to a livable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is famous throughout West Jordan for our reliable restoration. We hire well trained specialists to properties to take care of water and flood damage. Talk to Liberty Restoration now. We always act promptly, professionally and effectively.
How to Handle Water Damage at Home
When handling water damage at home, follow these guidelines before the professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Place fans around to disseminate the air and remove moisture from the area
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet cushions and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Relocate photos, documents and valuables to a level, dry location
- Remove damp fabrics and dry them
- Transfer wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also several things you should not do to avoid add to the damage:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Don’t use electrical devices on soaked areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Serving West Jordan
Liberty Restoration does business from offices in West Jordan, allowing us to help customers across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been affected by a disaster like burst plumbing, a severe rainstorm, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, contact Liberty Restoration in West Jordan
West Jordan Water Damage Before & After Restoration