Water or flood damage can shift your every day life entirely. If ignored, water stains or a flood can leave permanent harm to your home. These problems call for a quick response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in West Jordan.
Taking care of flood or water damage requires more effort than cleaning a minor spill. Although you can easily clean surface water from areas in your home, water can soak into subfloors and between drywall without you knowing. This remaining water can damage your home’s foundation and leave it prone to mold development.
Unfortunately, water damage isn’t a problem you can overlook for long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists repair these problems to return your home to a livable state in no time.
When it comes to flood and water damage experts in West Jordan, Liberty Restoration is perfect for the job. Our knowledgeable experts leave homes and businesses in better condition than they were before. Contact Liberty Restoration today. We act promptly, courteously and efficiently.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
After experiencing a flood, remember these procedures before the professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the affect area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and dry the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise draperies off the soaked area
- Dry wet upholstery and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Relocate photos, paintings and art to a stable, dry location
- Remove damp fabrics and dry them
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also numerous things you should not do to evade further damage:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on soaked areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Standing Water Repair and Restoration
Liberty Restoration operates from offices in Salt Lake City and St. George, enabling us to offer our services throughout Utah with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been damaged by a issue like leaky pipes, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, talk to Liberty Restoration in West Jordan today.
West Jordan Water Damage Before & After Restoration