Nobody would ever want to encounter sewer backup in their home. Whether it’s a blocked or corroded pipe or seeping toilet, Liberty Restoration helps the West Jordan area with sewer backup cleanup. Don’t neglect this problem if you find it. Get the specialists at Liberty Restoration to reverse the situation, regardless of how big the problem is.
Problems with Sewage Spills
If you attempt fixing the backup without proper training, the problem can spread. A situation that involves sewage is usually a tough one, so it’s essential to continue with caution. Sewage of all types contain microbes and pathogens that can cause sickness.
We begin sanitation by eliminating physical debris. We must also dry the area before treating the plumbing infrastructure. Next, we start sanitization steps to treat and neutralize the hazardous sewage the sewage contains. We work rapidly to remove buildup, odor and stop the leak at the source. If your sewage backup is especially severe, we will conduct follow up checks to stop growth of pathogens and mold.
Keeping Your Family Safe
The specialists with Liberty Restoration have years of training and knowledge about sewage removal techniques. Not following these methods can put yourself in danger. Though we suggest waiting for our team to respond at your home, follow these steps to prep the scene for the professionals:
- Keep children and animals away from contaminated areas.
- Use water resistant rubber boots and gloves.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or bringing them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a small amount of contamination should be disposed of.
- Do not eat or keep any food that touches sewage backup.
- Do not drink, eat or touch your face before thoroughly cleaning your hands.