Nobody would ever want to find sewer damage in their house. Liberty Restoration helps the West Jordan region with this scenario, whether it’s a result of toilet seepage, pipe blockage or corroded pipes, we’re here to reverse the damage. When your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t delay calling for service. Get the contractors at Liberty Restoration to assist you with the problem, no matter the scope and scale.
Sewage Line Hazards
If you try addressing the backup without proper training, the problem can intensify. Because of this, it is essential to take the correct precautions to combat your sewage problem to prevent further issues. Even minor overflows contain a cocktail of chemicals that can create illnesses like Salmonella.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have sanitized technology so they can begin eliminating the dirt and liquids around the mess. In many cases, sewage repair can only begin as soon as the spot is dry. We then begin sanitization procedures to treat and counteract the hazardous waste material inside the sewage. The Liberty Restoration team performs the drying-out and removal procedures rapidly to prevent mold and odor growth. If your sewage backup is particularly serious, we will conduct follow up checks to avoid mold growth.
Responding to Sewage Backup
The contractors with Liberty Restoration have years of training and knowledge about sewage backup. Not following these steps can put yourself in danger. Though we suggest waiting for our specialists to respond at your home, follow these steps to prep the scene for the professionals:
- Keep the contaminated spot and your family safe by sectioning off the location children and pets.
- Use waterproof rubber boots and gloves.
- Avoid direct contact with touched possessions.
- Clean fabrics in hot water or take them to a dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a bit contamination should be thrown out.
- Do not ingest or keep any food that touches sewage backup.
- Always wash your hands with warm water and soap after being in touch with.