No one would ever like to find sewer damage at home. Liberty Restoration helps the West Jordan region with these situations, whether it’s caused by corroded pipes, toilet seepage or pipe blockage, we’re here to fix it. Do not neglect this dilemma if you find it. Call Liberty Restoration right away to speak with a contractor and reverse the issue.
If you attempt fixing the spill without proper training, the situation can intensify. A scenario that involves sewage is usually a hard one, so it’s essential to continue with caution. Sewage of any type carry bacteria and pathogens that may result in illness.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have specialized gear that allows us to start clearing out the dirt and debris around the affected zone. In some cases, sewer damage repair can only start when the location is dry. Next, we start sanitization procedures to remove and counteract the toxic waste material the sewage contains. We work quickly to remove buildup, odor and stop the leak at the source. If your sewer damage is especially serious, we can perform updates to stop mold growth.
Responding to Sewage Overflow
Please do not attempt to remove any sewage without professional training. We suggest speaking with one of our contractors before responding. In order to protect your wellbeing, you can prep the scene for our specialists by:
- Keep children and pets away from contaminated areas.
- In the event you must get anything from the area, use water resistant gloves and rugged rubber boots.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or taking them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Dispose of tainted items such as carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even just a little residue in porous items can spread disease.
- Discard all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Clean your hands thoroughly with soap after coming into contact with contaminated areas, particularly prior to drinking.