If you find mold in your home, call Liberty Restoration at 1-888-334-6086
Mold can be described in a lot of ways (disgusting, smelly, dangerous), but one adjective you won’t hear is fun. By cleaning and maintaining your home, you can improve your chances of mold prevention. But even these homes can have mold issues. Mold can grow following unexpected flooding in the home or even something as innocuous as a humid climate. Liberty Restoration can provide professional mold removal services if you encounter a problem like this.
Through our tested mold services, our technicians can completely eradicate mold from your home. In addition, we will perform necessary remediation to work to prevent future mold growth. Check out our lists below to learn how to prevent mold in your home. Contact us ASAP for affordable mold removal services in the West Jordan area.
Mold Remediation Do’s and Don’ts
- Get an expert assessment of all mold issues by calling a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional.
- Avoid all contaminated areas until a professional has done a mold inspection.
- If possible, keep any leaking water away from contaminated areas.
- If books or other paper items are contaminated, handle them with care to avoid spreading spores. After they have dried completely, remove as much mold as you can using a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum. Dispose of the vacuum contents in fully sealed plastic bags.
- If carpets have been contaminated, use a wet vac. Steam cleaning is also helpful. Completely ventilate the affected area until it has dried thoroughly. This will help keep mold from spreading.
- Don’t touch or attempt to clean up large amounts of mold growth. This could cause millions of invisible and dangerous spores to quickly spread in the air.
- DON’T PUT BLEACH ON MOLD. Alternative antimicrobial products are much more effective and safer. Bleach releases harmful and does not effectively kill viable spores and source colonies before evaporating.
- Don’t use fans on mold. Blowing air onto a mold infested air will disperse tiny harmful spores into the air by the millions.
Contact Liberty Restoration now for professional attention with addressing your West Jordan mold problems. Following an expert assessment, we will provide mold removal and remediation work that you can depend on.