Water or flood damage can totally shift the every day schedule in your home. If neglected, water damage or flooding can leave lasting harm to your home. It’s important to call a company that can clean up a flooded room. These situations require immediate attention from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in West Jordan.
Taking care of water or flood damage takes more work than cleaning a minor spill. Moderate to serious damage can seep into subflooring, walls and layers under your house that are tough to remove alone. Without professional help, opportunity for mold development and permanent water damage increase.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t an issue homeowners can overlook for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals remedy these issues to restore your home to a livable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known across West Jordan for our superior restoration. We send skilled professionals to properties to remove flood and water damage. Call Liberty Restoration today. We work quickly, courteously and effectively.
Handling Home Water Damage The Right Way
If you’re dealing with water damage anywhere else in your house, follow these strategies to ensure a proper restoration:
- Invest in dehumidifiers around the flooded area
- Put fans around to disseminate airflow and dry the room
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the flooded area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Remove photos, paintings and valuables to a stable, dry spot
- Clear away damp fabrics and air them out
- Transfer wet books from shelves and open the pages for the best results
Take it into account that there are also several things you should not do to evade further destruction:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Don’t use electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the more you wait, the more damage will happen
Contact Us for a Flood Damage Restoration Quote
Liberty Restoration works from a location in West Jordan, allowing us to offer our services throughout Utah with flood and other water damage situations. If your home has been harmed by an issue like broken pipes, flash flooding, cracked foundation or damaged drainage, talk to Liberty Restoration in West Jordan at 801-917-3803 today.