Water or flood damage can shift your daily routine entirely. If left untreated, water stains or a flood can result in permanent damage to your home. These issues require a quick response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in St George.
Removing flood or water damage requires more effort than cleaning a minor spill. Moderate to severe damage can seep into floorboards, drywalls and layers under your home that are difficult to take care of alone. Without skilled restoration, the likelihood of mold growth and lasting water damage increase.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t an issue homeowners can overlook for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists fix the damage to revive your home to a livable state in no time.
When it comes to water damage removal contractors in St George, Liberty Restoration is best to get the job done. Our qualified experts leave businesses and homes in better condition than they found them. Contact Liberty Restoration now. We always work quickly, courteously and effectively.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
If you’re coping with flood or water damage in your basement, remember these strategies before the professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers near the wet area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the area
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise draperies off the flooded area
- Dry wet pillows and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Remove photos, paintings and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Clear away soaked fabrics and air them out
- Transfer wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Remember that there are also various things you should not do to avoid further harm:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Don’t use electrical appliances on soaked carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Standing Water Restoration and Repair
Has your home been damaged by flooding from broken plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in St George can assist you. Call us today.
St George Flood Damage Before & After Restoration