Water or flood damage can change your every day life completely. If neglected, water damage or a flood can end in lasting damage to your property. These problems need a quick response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in St George.
You’ll need more than towels and a fan to reverse flood or water damage in your home. Significant to serious damage leaks into floorboards, drywalls and layers under your property that aren’t as easy to remove alone. This leftover water can eat at your home and increase the chances for mold growth.
Overlooking damage caused by water can be extremely expensive as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals fix the damage to restore your property to a habitable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is famous throughout St George for our quality restoration. Our knowledgeable experts leave businesses and homes better than they were before. Call Liberty Restoration now. We act fast, professionally and efficiently.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
If you experience water damage in your home, remember these strategies before the professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the affect area
- Place fans around to disseminate the air and dry the room
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Remove photos, documents and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Remove moist fabrics and dry them
- Remove wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Remember that there are also various things you should not do to evade add to the harm:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Don’t use electrical devices on soaked areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Has your property been damaged by flooding from broken pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in St George can assist you. Call us today.
St George Water Damage Before & After Restoration