Water or flood damage can change your every day routine entirely. If neglected, water damage or a flood can result in lasting harm to your property. These issues require immediate action from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in St George.
Treating flood or water damage takes more effort than cleaning a minor spill. Although it’s easy to clean standing water from areas in your home, water can soak into lower layers and between drywall without you knowing. This leftover water can eat at your home’s foundation and increase the chances for mold growth.
Neglecting damage caused by water can be extremely expensive as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals repair these areas to restore your property to a comfortable state in no time.
If you’re looking for flood and water damage contractors around St George, Liberty Restoration is best to get the work done. We hire skilled specialists to properties to treat water and flood damage. Talk to Liberty Restoration today. We work fast, professionally and efficiently.
How to Handle Water Damage at Home
After experiencing a flood, follow these procedures before the professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers around the flooded area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and dry the area
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Relocate photos, paintings and art to a stable, dry location
- Clear away damp fabrics and dry them
- Remove wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off further impairment:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Avoid using electrical devices on wet areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Do call a water damage professional as soon as you can
Serving St George
Has your property been affected by flooding from broken plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in St George will help you out. Call us today.
St George Flood Damage Before & After Restoration