No one would ever want to find sewer backup at home. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration serves the St George area with sewer backup sanitation. Do not wait to get help with this problem if you find it. Get the professionals at Liberty Restoration to remedy the dilemma, whatever the scale.
Hazards of Sewage Breaks
Trying to clean up sewage backup without the correct training can worsen the issue. A situation that involves sewage is usually a hard one, so it’s critical to work precisely. Even little seeps carry a cocktail of toxins that may cause health problems like Salmonella.
Our staff has sanitized gear so they can start eliminating the waste and debris in the problem area. We must additionally clean the problem spot before treating the sewer infrastructure. We then begin sanitization steps to remove and counteract the hazardous sewage the sewage contains. Our staff does the drying-out and removal procedures swiftly to avoid mold and odor growth. If your sewage backup is especially severe, we will perform updates to avoid mold growth.
Keeping Your Family Safe
The contractors at Liberty Restoration are highly trained in sewage backup. Failure to follow these methods can expose yourself to pathogens. Though we suggest waiting for our professionals to respond at your home, here are some precautions you can take:
- Keep the contaminated location and your family safe by blocking off the area children and pets.
- Always use waterproof rubber boots or gloves if entering the area.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected possessions.
- Any affected fabrics should be doused in hot water or taken to a dry cleaner.
- Get rid of tainted items such as carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even a little residue in porous items can spread disease.
- Get rid of all contaminated food that touches sewage water.
- Always wash your hands with warm water and soap after being in contaminated areas.