Sewer backup is probably the last problem you would like to come home to. Whether it’s a blocked or corroded pipe or seeping toilet, Liberty Restoration serves the St George Ut region with sewer backup services. Don’t neglect this problem if you encounter it. Get the specialists from Liberty Restoration to assist you with the problem, regardless of how big the problem is.
Problems with Sewage Breaks
Attempting to treat sewage backup without the proper certifications can aggravate the situation. A scenario involving sewage is usually a tough one, so it’s important to continue with caution. Sewage of all kinds harbor bacteria and pathogens that may result in sickness.
We start sanitation by cleaning up physical debris. In some cases, sewer damage repair can only begin when the spot has been cleaned. Armed with the right tools, we will start treating any ruptures, leaks or cracks causing the problem. The Liberty Restoration team does the aeration and extraction steps as rapidly as possible to prevent mold and odor growth. If your sewage backup is particularly awful, we will conduct follow up checks to avoid mold growth.
Responding to Sewage Backup
Please do not attempt to clean up any backup without a professional. We suggest talking to one of our specialists before working yourself. In order to protect your health, we advise using caution and using some best practices. You should:
- Keep the contaminated area and your family safe by sectioning off the area kids and pets.
- If you have to grab items from the area, use waterproof gloves and tough rubber boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with touched possessions.
- Clean fabrics in hot water or bring them to a dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a small amount of contamination should be thrown out.
- Do not ingest or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Don’t drink, eat or touch your face prior to thoroughly washing your hands.