Sewer damage is probably the last issue you would like to walk in on. Whether it’s a blocked or corroded pipe or seeping toilet, Liberty Restoration helps the St George Ut region with sewer damage sanitation. Don’t neglect this dilemma if you run into it. Call Liberty Restoration now to talk to a contractor and reverse the damage.
Sewer Line Problems
Trying to treat sewage backup without the right training can aggravate the issue. A situation with sewage is usually a hard one, so it’s critical to work with caution. Sewage of all kinds have microbes and pathogens that may result in disease.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have protective gear so they can start clearing out the dirt and liquids in the problem area. Often, sewage repair can only begin when the area has been cleaned. Next, we start sanitization steps to remove and neutralize the hazardous waste material the sewage contains. The Liberty Restoration staff does the drying-out and extraction steps as fast as possible to avoid build up of mold or odor. If your situation is especially severe, we will perform follow up checks to prevent growth of mold and other pathogens.
Before Liberty Restoration Arrives
The professionals with Liberty Restoration have years of training and knowledge about sewage damage. Not following these steps can put yourself in danger. Though we suggest waiting for our team to appear at your home, here are some precautions you can take:
- Section off contaminated areas to prevent kids or animals from interfering.
- In the event you must get items from the location, use waterproof gloves and heavy duty rubber boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected items.
- Any compromised fabrics should be cleaned in hot water or taken to a dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a small amount of contamination should be tossed.
- Discard all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Always clean your hands with hot water and soap after being in contaminated areas.