Problems like defective pipes can lead to flooding, which frequently leads to serious water destruction inside your home. It is important to use a company that can clean up a flooded basement. These issues call for a speedy response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in St George.
It requires more than mops and a vacuum to reverse water or flood damage in your home. Although it’s simple to remove standing water from walls and floors, water can seep into lower layers and into drywall without you knowing. This remaining water can damage your home’s foundation and leave it prone to mold development.
Overlooking flood damage can be extremely expensive as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals repair these areas to revive your home to a comfortable condition quickly.
Liberty Restoration is known across St George for our quality restoration. We send skilled professionals to homes and businesses to take care of flood and water damage. Contact Liberty Restoration now. We always act quickly, courteously and effectively.
Best Practices for Water Damage in a Home
If you’re dealing with flood or water damage anywhere else in your house, use these strategies before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Put fans around to circulate airflow and dry the area
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the flooded area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Remove pictures, documents and valuables to a stable, dry area
- Clear away soaked fabrics and dry them
- Transfer wet books from shelves and spread out pages for the best outcome
Remember that there are also numerous things you should not do to avoid add to the destruction:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Don’t use electrical appliances on soaked areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Do contact a water damage expert immediately
The Best Company for Affordable Flood Damage Restoration
Has your property been damaged by flooding from cracked pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in St George will assist you. Call 801-917-3803 soon. Liberty Restoration can provide you affordable flood damage repair in St George, Ut.