Damage from water or flooding can shift your daily life completely. If neglected, water damage or a flood can end in lasting harm to your property. Liberty Restoration of South Jordan moves immediately with trained specialists and proven treatment processes.
It takes more than towels and a vacuum to treat water or flood damage in your home. Moderate to severe damage gets into floorboards, drywalls and the lower layers of your property that aren’t as easy to take care of alone. Without trained assistance, chances for mold growth and lasting water damage increase.
Disregarding flood damage can have a high price as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists remedy these issues to restore your property to a livable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known across South Jordan for our superior restoration. Our skilled professionals leave homes and businesses better than they found them. Call Liberty Restoration today. We work fast, professionally and efficiently.
Best Practices for Water Damage in a Home
If you’re dealing with flood or water damage anywhere else in your house, follow these strategies before the professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Place fans around to disseminate the air and remove moisture from the area
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise draperies off the wet area
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Remove photos, paintings and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Clear away damp fabrics and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also several things you should not do to fend off further destruction:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Avoid using electrical devices on soaked areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Serving South Jordan
Has your property been impaired by flooding from broken pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in South Jordan will assist you. Call us today.
South Jordan Flood Damage Before & After Restoration