Complications like broken plumbing can induce flooding, which typically leads to significant water damage inside your home. These situations need immediate action from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in South Jordan.
It takes more than towels and a fan to reverse flood or water damage in your home. Although you can easily clean standing water from areas in your home, water can seep into subfloors and into walls without you knowing. Without trained restoration, chances for mold growth and lasting water damage increase.
Unfortunately, water damage isn’t a problem homeowners can ignore for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals remedy the damage to return your property to a comfortable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known throughout South Jordan for our superior restoration. We send skilled contractors to properties to remove flood and water damage. We work quickly, professionally and effectively. Reach out to Liberty Restoration now.
How to Handle Water Damage at Home
When handling water damage at home, remember these guidelines to certify a safe restoration:
- Invest in dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the wet area
- Dry wet cushions and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Transfer photos, documents and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Remove damp clothes and air them out
- Transfer wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Remember that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off further harm:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Don’t use electrical appliances on wet areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Has your property been impaired by flooding from broken plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in South Jordan will assist you. Call us today.
South Jordan Flood Damage Before & After Restoration