No one would ever have fun discovering sewer damage in their home. Whether it’s a blocked or corroded pipe or seeping toilet, Liberty Restoration helps the South Jordan area with sewer damage sanitation. Don’t wait to get help with this problem if you encounter it. Call Liberty Restoration today to talk to a professional and reverse the issue.
Dangers of Sewage Spills
Attempting to take care of sewage spills without the proper certifications can aggravate the problem. That’s why it is crucial to take careful measures to counteract your damage dilemma to avoid further issues. Sewage of any type carry microbes and toxins that may result in illness.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have protective gear that allows us to start clearing out the waste and debris in the problem area. We have to additionally clean the area before we can fix the sewer infrastructure. Next, we start disinfection procedures to remove and neutralize the toxic waste material the sewage contains. The Liberty Restoration team performs the aeration and extraction procedures rapidly to avoid build up of mold or odor. In dire cases, Liberty Restoration can perform mold removal to prevent worse issues.
Keeping Your Family Safe
It can be tempting to attempt to handle any contamination without the proper training and equipment. We suggest speaking with one of our contractors before working yourself. In order to safeguard your wellbeing, you can prepare the scene for our specialists by:
- Keep the contaminated spot and your family safe by blocking off the location kids and animals.
- Always use water resistant rubber boots or gloves before entering the location.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- Clean any fabric in hot water or take them to a dry cleaner.
- Get rid of tainted items such as upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even just a little residue in porous items can spread illness.
- Do not eat or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Don’t drink, eat or touch your face prior to thoroughly cleaning your hands.