Discovering sewer damage at home is never a pleasant surprise. Liberty Restoration serves the South Jordan, Ut area with help for this scenario, no matter if it’s from pipe blockage, toilet seepage or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration is ready to help. If your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t wait to get service. Get the specialists from Liberty Restoration to reverse the dilemma, whatever the scale.
Problems with Sewage Breaks
If you try to fix the mess without proper training, the situation can become worse. A scenario with sewage is always a tough one, so it’s essential to work with caution. Sewage of any kind carry bacteria and pathogens that may result in sickness.
We start sanitation by clearing out physical debris. We must additionally air out the mess before we can fix the pipe system. Next, we start disinfection procedures to remove and counteract the toxic waste material the sewage contains. The Liberty Restoration staff does the aeration and extraction steps as quickly as we can to prevent mold and odor growth. In severe cases, Liberty Restoration can take steps to keep mold away and prevent issues from getting worse.
Responding to Sewage Damage
It can be tempting to attempt to clean up any sewage without professional training. We recommend speaking with one of our contractors before working yourself. In order to protect you and your family’s health, we suggest using caution and following some simple steps. You should:
- Keep the contaminated area and your family safe by blocking off the location kids and pets.
- Always use water resistant rubber boots or gloves if entering the location.
- Avoid direct contact with touched possessions.
- You might be able to save some possessions by cleaning them in hot water or taking them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Dispose of tainted items such as upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even a little residue in porous items can spread disease.
- Do not ingest or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Don’t drink, eat or touch your face before thoroughly cleaning your hands.