Problems like broken pipes can produce flooding, which usually results in significant water destruction inside your home. It is critical to find a company that can clean up a flooded basement. These problems call for immediate attention from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in South Jordan.
You will need more than mops and a fan to treat flood or water damage in your house. While it’s simple to clean standing water from walls and floors, water can drip into subfloors and between walls without you being aware. This remaining water can eat at your home’s foundation and increase the chances for mold growth.
Unfortunately, water damage isn’t a problem you can ignore for long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts repair these areas to revive your home to a habitable state in no time.
If you need a company that can clean up a flooded basement, Liberty Restoration is perfect to get the work done. We send our most qualified professionals to properties to remove flood and water damage. We work rapidly, professionally and effectively. Contact Liberty Restoration now.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
If you’re dealing with flood or water damage in your basement, use these procedures to certify a safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the affect spot
- Place fans around to circulate the air and remove moisture from the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise draperies off the flooded area
- Dry damp upholstery and prop furniture
- Open all wet drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Transfer photos, documents and art to a stable, dry area
- Remove moist fabrics and air them out
- Remove wet books from bookcases and spread out pages for the best results
Keep in mind that there are also several things you should not do to fend off further destruction:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Avoid using electrical devices on wet carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Do call a water damage specialist as soon as possible
The Best Company for Affordable Flood Damage Restoration
Liberty Restoration operates from a location in Salt Lake City and St. George, allowing us to offer our services across the state with flood and other water damage situations. If your home has been harmed by an issue like burst plumbing, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, call Liberty Restoration in South Jordan, Ut at 801-917-3803 today.