Problems like faulty plumbing can lead to flooding, which typically results in significant water destruction inside your home. These issues require immediate action from trained contractors like those from Liberty Restoration in Sandy.
It takes more than mops and a vacuum to reverse water or flood damage in your home. Although you can easily clean surface water from areas in your home, water can drip into lower layers and into drywall without you realizing. Without professional assistance, chances for mold growth and lasting water damage increase.
Ignoring water damage can be extremely expensive as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts fix the damage to return your home to a livable state quickly.
If you’re looking for water damage removal specialists around Sandy, Liberty Restoration is best for the job. Our skilled experts leave businesses and homes better than they found them. We work fast, professionally and effectively. Reach out to Liberty Restoration today.
Best Practices for Water Damage in a Home
When handling water damage at home, remember these strategies before the professionals arrive:
- Invest in dehumidifiers near the wet area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and dry the room
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the wet area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Transfer photos, paintings and art to a stable, dry location
- Clear away damp clothes and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also several things you should not do to evade add to the destruction:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Don’t use electrical devices on wet areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Standing Water Restoration and Repair
Has your home been affected by flooding from broken plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Sandy will answer the call. Call us today.
Sandy Water Damage Before & After Restoration