Water or flood damage can totally change the every day schedule in your home. If neglected, water damage or flooding can result in lasting harm to your property. These scenarios require immediate attention from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Sandy.
You’ll need more than towels and a vacuum to take care of water or flood damage in your home. Moderate to severe damage leaks into subflooring, walls and layers under your property that aren’t as easy to treat on your own. Without trained assistance, the likelihood of mold development and permanent water damage increase.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t something homeowners can ignore for long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists remedy the damage to return your property to a comfortable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is famous throughout Sandy for our reliable work. We hire well trained contractors to businesses and homes to treat water and flood damage. Talk to Liberty Restoration today. We always act quickly, professionally and efficiently.
Best Practices for Water Damage in a Home
If you’re coping with water damage in your basement, remember these strategies to certify a safe restoration:
- Invest in dehumidifiers around the affect area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and dry the area
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Transfer photos, paintings and art to a level, dry location
- Remove soaked fabrics and dry them
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also several things you should not do to fend off add to the destruction:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Do call a flood damage expert as soon as you can
Contact Liberty Restoration
Has your property been affected by flooding from cracked pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Sandy will answer the call. Call us today.
Sandy Flood Damage Before & After Restoration