Problems like defective plumbing can induce flooding, which frequently causes hefty water destruction inside your home. Liberty Restoration acts quickly by sending trained professionals who use proven restoration processes.
It takes more than mops and a fan to reverse water or flood damage in your home. Moderate to severe damage can seep into floorboards, walls and the lower layers of your property that aren’t as easy to treat on your own. Without trained assistance, the likelihood of mold development and lasting water damage increase.
Overlooking damage caused by water can cost you significant time and money as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts repair the damage to revive your property to a habitable state in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known across Sandy for our reliable restoration. We hire our most qualified specialists to properties to treat water and flood damage. We act fast, professionally and effectively. Contact Liberty Restoration now.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
If you encounter water damage at home, follow these guidelines before the professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the area
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Remove photos, documents and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Remove damp fabrics and dry them
- Remove wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also various things you should not do to avoid further impairment:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Do call a flood damage professional immediately
Liberty Restoration works from offices in Salt Lake City and St. George, enabling us to offer our services throughout Utah with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your property has been damaged by a problem like broken plumbing, a severe rainstorm, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, call Liberty Restoration in Sandy today.
Sandy Flood Damage Before & After Restoration