Finding sewer backup in your home is never a pleasant surprise. Liberty Restoration assists the Sandy area with this scenario, no matter if it’s from corroded pipes, toilet seepage or pipe blockage, we’re here to help. If your plumbing lines take on damage, don’t wait to get assistance. Contact Liberty Restoration today to talk to a member of our staff and clean up the damage.
Dangers of Sewage Spills
If you try to fix the spill yourself, the issue can spread. A scenario with sewage is usually a tough one, so it’s vital to continue carefully. Sewage of any type carry bacteria and pathogens that can create disease.
Our staff has protective gear so they can start clearing out the dirt and debris around the affected zone. Often, sewer damage treatment can only start as soon as the spot is dry. Armed with the right tools, we can start reversing your sewage damage situation. We work rapidly to neutralize odors and stop the leak at the source. In severe cases, Liberty Restoration contractors may take steps for mold removal to prevent worse issues.
Before Liberty Restoration Arrives
The specialists with Liberty Restoration are highly trained in sewage damage. Not following these methods can expose yourself to pathogens. While we suggest holding off until our professionals to respond on the scene, here are some precautions you can take:
- Keep the contaminated area and your family safe by blocking off the location children and pets.
- Use waterproof gloves and rubber boots.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- Any compromised fabrics should be doused in hot water or taken to a dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a bit contamination should be tossed.
- Do not consume or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Clean your hands thoroughly with soap after coming into contact with contaminated areas, especially before drinking.