Discovering sewer backup in your home is a terrible thing. Whether it’s a blocked or corroded pipe or seeping toilet, Liberty Restoration helps the Sandy Ut area with sewer backup cleanup. If your plumbing lines take on damage, don’t delay calling for assistance. Contact Liberty Restoration now to speak with a contractor to remove the problem.
Hazards of Sewage Leaks
Attempting to clean up sewage spills without the proper certifications can aggravate the dilemma. Because of this, it is essential to take the proper precautions to counteract your backup dilemma to avoid it from getting worse. Even minor overflows contain a blend of toxins that may create health problems like Salmonella.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have protective equipment so they can start eliminating the waste and liquids in the problem area. We need to also dry the area before treating the pipe infrastructure. Armed with the right tools, we will start treating your sewage damage situation. One of our primary goals is to neutralize odors and anything that may create mold. If your situation is particularly severe, we will perform updates to avoid the spread of pathogens and mold.
Responding to Sewage Overflow
The specialists at Liberty Restoration have years of training and experience with sewage damage. Not following these methods can expose yourself to toxins. Though we suggest holding off until our specialists to respond at your home, please follow these precautions:
- Keep the contaminated area and your family safe by sectioning off the area children and pets.
- In the case you need to grab anything from the area, use waterproof gloves and heavy duty boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected items.
- Any affected fabrics should be cleaned in hot water or taken to a dry cleaner.
- Dispose of dirty items like carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even a little contamination in porous items can spread illness.
- Discard all contaminated food that touches sewage water.
- Don’t drink, eat or touch your face before thoroughly cleaning your hands.