Let Liberty Restoration address your mold problems immediately! 1-888-334-6086
Mold can be described in various ways, but one adjective you will never hear is enjoyable. By cleaning and maintaining your home, you can improve your chances of mold prevention. But clean homes can have mold problems too. Mold can grow following unexpected flooding in the home or even something as innocuous as a humid climate. We can offer professional mold removal services if you encounter a problem like this.
Our mold removal services are proven to fully remove mold from your home. Additionally, we’ll take the steps necessary to prevent mold growth in the future. To find out how you can prevent and fight mold on your own, read our lists below. Find professional mold removal service in Sandy and surrounding areas contact Liberty Restoration.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Mold Remediation
- Receive an expert assessment of your mold issues from a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional.
- Make sure a total mold inspection is completed before going near any contaminated area.
- Keep any leaking water away from contaminated areas.
- Handle any important documents that have been contaminated carefully to prevent the spores from spreading. Once they have dried completely, use a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum to remove as much mold as possible. Dispose of the vacuum contents in fully sealed plastic bags.
- Try steam cleaning or a wet vac on contaminated carpeting. Make sure the area is fully ventilated until it is completely dry. Completing these steps won’t eliminate all mold, but will go a long way to keep it from spreading.
- Don’t touch any visible mold growth. A disturbance like this could cause spores to spread in the air.
- Don’t put bleach on mold. Bleach evaporates before killing source colonies and viable spores. Safer antimicrobial products are available.
- Don’t use fans on mold. This could actually cause tiny spores to spread through the air.
Let Liberty Restoration help correct your mold problems in Sandy. We will provide a thorough assessment and start your mold removal and remediation work as quickly as possible.