Water or flood damage can totally halt the every day routine in your home. If neglected, water stains or flooding can leave permanent harm to your property. It is vital to find the right company that can clean up a flooded basement. Liberty Restoration of Sandy reacts immediately by sending trained specialists and effective restoration processes to repair flood damage caused by broken pipes.
Treating water or flood damage requires more effort than cleaning a minor spill. While it’s simple to remove surface water from areas in your home, water can drip into lower layers and between drywall without you realizing. This remaining water can eat at your home’s foundation and increase the chances for mold development.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t something homeowners can overlook for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists remedy these issues to restore your property to a habitable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known across Sandy for our reliable restoration. We send well trained contractors to businesses and homes to take care of water and flood damage. We work rapidly, professionally and effectively. Contact Liberty Restoration now.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
If you discover water damage in your home, follow these guidelines before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers around the flooded spot
- Place fans around to distribute airflow and remove moisture from the room
- Soak up as much water as possible
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the flooded area
- Dry wet upholstery and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Remove photos, paintings and art to a stable, dry location
- Clear away soaked clothes and dry them
- Transfer wet books from bookcases and spread out pages for the best results
Keep in mind that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off further harm:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Avoid using electrical devices on wet areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Do call a flood damage specialist immediately
The Best Company for Affordable Flood Damage Restoration
Liberty Restoration works from a location in Sandy, enabling us to assist clients across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your property has been damaged by a disaster like leaky plumbing, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, call Liberty Restoration in Sandy at 801-917-3803 today.