Complications like defective plumbing can cause flooding, which frequently results in substantial water destruction inside your home. It’s vital to find the right company that can clean up a flooded basement. These situations require a quick response from trained contractors like those from Liberty Restoration in Sandy.
Treating water or flood damage takes more work than a mop and fans. Although you can easily clean standing water from walls and floors, water can seep into subfloors and into walls without you realizing. This remaining water can damage your home’s foundation and leave it prone to mold development.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t something you can ignore for long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts remedy the damage to return your property to a comfortable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known across Sandy for our reliable work. We send our most qualified professionals to businesses and homes to treat water and flood damage. We act fast, professionally and effectively. Contact Liberty Restoration now.
Handling Home Water Damage Correctly
After experiencing a flood, follow these guidelines before the flood damage professionals arrive:
- Invest in dehumidifiers around the wet area
- Put fans around to circulate airflow and dry the room
- Mop up as much water as possible
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet pillows and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Transfer photos, paintings and valuables to a level, dry location
- Clear away damp fabrics and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best outcome
Remember that there are also various things you should not do to fend off add to the damage:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Don’t use electrical appliances on wet areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the more you wait, the more damage will happen
The Best Company for Affordable Flood Damage Restoration
Liberty Restoration works from offices in Salt Lake City and St. George, allowing us to help customers across the state with flood and other water damage situations. If your property has been affected by an issue like leaky plumbing, a severe rainstorm, cracked foundation or damaged drainage, talk to Liberty Restoration in Sandy, Ut at 801-917-3803 today.