Damage from water or flooding can completely change the every day routine in your home. If ignored, water damage or a flood can end in lasting damage to your home. These problems call for a speedy response from trained contractors like those from Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City.
You’ll need more than towels and a vacuum to reverse flood or water damage in your home. Although it’s easy to clean surface water from walls and floors, water can soak into subfloors and between drywall without you realizing. Without skilled restoration, the likelihood of mold growth and permanent water damage increase.
Disregarding damage caused by water can have a high price as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists remedy the damage to revive your home to a livable condition in no time.
If you’re looking for restoration professionals around Salt Lake City, Liberty Restoration is perfect to get the job done. Our skilled experts leave water damaged areas better than they found them. We act fast, professionally and effectively. Reach out to Liberty Restoration now.
How to Handle Water Damage at Home
If you’re dealing with water damage anywhere else in your house, follow these procedures before the professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers around the wet area
- Place fans around to disseminate the air and remove moisture from the room
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the soaked area
- Dry wet pillows and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Relocate photos, paintings and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Clear away soaked clothes and dry them
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also various things you should not do to avoid add to the damage:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on soaked areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Liberty Restoration does business from offices in Salt Lake City and St. George, enabling us to offer our services across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been harmed by a issue like broken pipes, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, call Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City immediately.
Salt Lake City Water Damage Before & After Restoration