Issues like defective plumbing can induce flooding, which typically leads to serious water damage inside your home. These issues call for a speedy response from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City.
It takes more than towels and a vacuum to treat flood or water damage in your home. While it’s easy to remove surface water from areas in your home, water can soak into lower layers and into walls without you knowing. This leftover moisture can harm your home’s foundation and increase the chances for mold development.
Overlooking damage caused by water can cost you significant time and money as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts repair these issues to return your property to a comfortable state quickly.
If you’re looking for restoration contractors in Salt Lake City, Liberty Restoration is the group for the job. We send our most qualified professionals to properties to treat water and flood damage. We work quickly, professionally and effectively. Call Liberty Restoration today.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
When handling water damage at home, remember these procedures to ensure a safe restoration:
- Invest in dehumidifiers around the flooded area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the area
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Transfer photos, documents and art to a stable, dry location
- Clear away damp clothes and dry them
- Transfer wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Remember that there are also various things you should not do to avoid add to the impairment:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Don’t use electrical appliances on soaked carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Do contact a flood damage expert as soon as you can
Contact Liberty Restoration
Liberty Restoration operates from offices in Salt Lake City, allowing us to help customers across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your property has been damaged by a problem like leaky plumbing, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, talk to Liberty Restoration in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City Flood Damage Before & After Restoration