Finding sewer damage at home is never a pleasant surprise. Liberty Restoration serves the Salt Lake City, Ut area with help for these situations, whether it’s due to corroded pipes, toilet seepage or pipe blockage, Liberty Restoration is ready to fix it. When your plumbing lines take on damage, don’t wait to call for service. Call Liberty Restoration today to speak with a member of our staff and reverse the damage.
Dangers of Sewage Spills
Attempting to remove sewage leaks without the proper certifications can end up aggravating the issue. A situation with sewage is usually a delicate one, so it’s important to work precisely. Sewage of any kind have microbes and toxins that can cause sickness.
The Liberty Restoration contractors start treatment by removing liquid and solid debris. In many cases, sewer damage treatment can only begin when the spot is dry. Next, we start sanitization procedures to remove and counteract the toxic waste material present in the sewage. One of our main goals is to neutralize odors and stop the leak at the source. If your sewer damage is particularly serious, we can conduct follow up checks to avoid mold growth.
Keeping Your Family Safe
It can be tempting to try to clean up any backup without a professional. We recommend speaking with one of our contractors before responding. In order to protect your health, we advise using caution and following some best practices. You should:
- Keep children and animals away from contaminated spots.
- Use waterproof gloves and rubber boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected possessions.
- Any compromised fabrics should be doused in hot water or taken to a dry cleaner.
- Dispose of dirty items such as carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even a little residue in porous items can promote disease.
- Do not eat or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Always wash your hands with hot water and soap after being in contaminated areas.