Sewer damage is likely the last problem you want to find in your home. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration helps the Salt Lake City Ut region with sewer damage services. If your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t wait to call for help. Contact Liberty Restoration today to talk to a member of our staff and remove the issue.
Problems with Sewage Breaks
Trying to clean up sewage leaks without the right certifications can aggravate the issue. That’s why it is important to take careful measures to counteract the sewage problem to prevent further issues. Even little backups have a cocktail of chemicals that may cause disease like Salmonella and Hepatitis A.
We start cleanup by removing liquid and solid waste. We need to also air out the area before addressing the pipe infrastructure. Equipped with specialized tools, we can start treating any ruptures, leaks or cracks causing the problem. We work quickly to remove buildup, odor and stop the leak at the source. If your sewage backup is especially awful, we can conduct updates to prevent mold growth.
Responding to Sewage Overflow
Please do not try to remove any sewage without the proper training and equipment. We recommend talking to one of our contractors before responding. To safeguard your wellbeing, you can prep the scene for our specialists by:
- Keep kids and pets away from affected spots.
- Wear waterproof rubber boots and gloves.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- Clean any fabric in hot water or bring them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a bit contamination should be disposed of.
- Get rid of all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly with soap after being around contaminated areas, especially before drinking.