Nobody would ever want to find sewer damage at house. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration helps the Salt Lake City area with sewer damage cleanup. If your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t delay getting assistance. Contact Liberty Restoration now to speak with a contractor to reverse the problem.
Hazards of Sewage Backup
Trying to remove sewage backup without the right training can worsen the issue. A scenario with sewage is usually a hard one, so it’s vital to proceed precisely. Sewage of all types carry bacteria and pathogens that may result in sickness.
The Liberty Restoration professionals start treatment by removing liquid and solid waste. Often, sewage repair can only begin once the area has been cleaned. Next, we start disinfection steps to remove and counteract the hazardous sewage present in the sewage. Our staff completes the drying-out and extraction steps as fast as possible to avoid mold and odor growth. If your situation is particularly awful, we can perform follow up checks to prevent the spread of mold and other pathogens.
Before Liberty Restoration Arrives
It can be tempting to try to handle any contamination without professional training. We recommend speaking with one of our specialists before working yourself. To protect you and your family’s health, we advise taking great care and following some best practices. You should:
- Quarantine contaminated areas to keep children or pets from interfering.
- Always use water resistant gloves or rubber boots if walking into the area.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected items.
- Any compromised fabrics should be doused in hot water or brought to a professional dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a small amount of contamination should be disposed of.
- Throw out all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Do not drink, eat or touch your face prior to thoroughly cleaning your hands.