Sewer damage is probably the last problem you want to walk in on. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration helps the Salt Lake City area with sewer damage cleanup. When your plumbing lines take on damage, don’t delay calling for assistance. Get the specialists from Liberty Restoration to reverse the problem, regardless of how big the problem is.
Problems with Sewage Leaks
Attempting to remove sewage backup without the right certifications can worsen the situation. That’s why it is vital to take the proper measures to reverse the damage dilemma to avoid it from getting worse. Even minor spills contain a mixture of toxins that may result in health problems like Hepatitis A.
The Liberty Restoration contractors begin sanitation by clearing out liquid and solid debris. We need to additionally air out the mess before treating the plumbing system. Next, we start sanitization procedures to remove and counteract the toxic sewage present in the sewage. One of our primary goals is to remove buildup, odor and stop the leak at the source. If your sewer damage is particularly serious, we will conduct updates to avoid the spread of mold and other pathogens.
Before Liberty Restoration Arrives
It can be tempting to try to handle any contamination without professional training. We recommend talking to a Liberty Restoration specialist before responding. In order to safeguard you and your family’s health, you can prepare the scene for our staff by:
- Keep the contaminated area and your family safe by blocking off the location children and pets.
- If you have to grab anything from the location, use water resistant gloves and rugged rubber boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or bringing them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Dispose of dirty items like carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even just a little residue in porous items can spread illness.
- Do not consume or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Clean your hands thoroughly with soap after being around contaminated areas, particularly before drinking.