Liberty Restoration can handle your mold problems immediately! 1-888-334-6086
Mold can be talked about in various ways (gross, smelly, dangerous), but one word you will never hear is pleasant. Keeping things cleaned and maintained can go a long way to preventing mold in your home. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that clean homes don’t have these issues. Flooded carpets, leaky pipes, and humid temperatures can all lead to an ideal space for mold to grow. If you find mold, call Liberty Restoration for professional removal services.
Our professional restoration technicians can offer complete mold removal services to make sure that mold is nowhere to be found in your house. We can also perform remediation work to reduce the likelihood that mold is able to grow again. To find out how you can fight mold, read our lists below. Liberty Restoration is a source you can trust for professional mold removal service in Salt Lake City and surrounding areas.
Mold Remediation Do’s and Don’ts
- Get an expert assessment of all mold issues by calling a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional.
- Wait for a professional mold inspection before spending time in contaminated areas.
- If possible, keep any leaking water away from contaminated areas.
- Handle any important documents that have been contaminated carefully to keep spores from spreading. Once they have dried completely, remove as much mold as possible with a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum. Dispose of vacuum contents in fully sealed plastic bags.
- For contaminated carpeting, use a wet vac. Steam cleaning may also be helpful. Make sure the area is fully ventilated until it has dried completely. These procedures will not fully eliminate mold, but will keep it from spreading to other areas.
- Don’t try to clean up mold growth. Without your knowledge, these invisible spores and be spread and breathed in.
- Don’t apply bleach to mold. More effective antimicrobial products are available. Bleach releases harmful and does not effectively kill source colonies and spores before it evaporates.
- Don’t place fans on mold. This may actually cause tiny spores to spread through the air.
Make your home safer and healthier by calling Liberty Restoration for help with your Salt Lake City mold problems. We will provide an expert assessment and start your mold removal and remediation work as soon as we can.