If you find mold in your home, call Liberty Restoration at 1-888-334-6086
Mold is disgusting to look at, but it’s also very unhealthy to have in your home. By keeping your home clean, you can improve your odds of mold prevention. But that doesn’t mean that clean homes are exempt from these issues. Busted pipes, flooded basements, and even balmy temperatures can lead to mold growth. We can offer professional mold removal services if you encounter a problem like this.
Through our proven mold services, our staff can fully remove mold from your property. Additionally, we’ll provide remediation efforts to prevent future mold growth. Check out our lists below to learn how to prevent and fight mold on your own. Receive professional mold removal service in Salt Lake City and surrounding areas call Liberty Restoration.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Mold Remediation
- Receive an expert assessment of your mold issues from a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional.
- Wait for a professional to complete a proper mold inspection before doing anything in contaminated areas.
- If possible, keep any leaking water away from contaminated areas.
- If books or other paper items are contaminated, handle them with care to avoid spreading spores.
- For contaminated carpets, use a wet vac. Steam cleaning is also helpful. Make sure the area is fully ventilated until it is completely dry. This will help keep mold from spreading.
- Don’t touch or attempt to clean up large amounts of mold growth. Without your knowledge, millions of these invisible spores and be spread and breathed in.
- DO NOT APPLY BLEACH TO MOLD. Bleach releases harmful and won’t effectively kill viable spores and source colonies before evaporating. Alternative antimicrobial products are much safer and more effective.
- Don’t place fans on mold. Blowing air onto a mold infested air will disperse harmful spores into the air.
Call Liberty Restoration now for immediate help with correcting your mold problems in Salt Lake City. We will provide a thorough assessment and start your mold removal and remediation work as soon as we can.