Damage from water or flooding can totally shift the every day routine in your home. If ignored, water damage or a flood can end in permanent harm to your home. These scenarios call for a quick response from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Provo.
It takes more than mops and a vacuum to treat flood or water damage in your home. Moderate to severe damage leaks into subflooring, drywalls and the lower layers of your home that aren’t as easy to remove on your own. This remaining water can harm your home and leave it prone to mold growth.
Neglecting damage caused by water can become very costly as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists repair the damage to restore your home to a habitable condition in no time.
If you’re looking for restoration contractors in Provo, Liberty Restoration is perfect to get the work done. Our skilled professionals leave homes and businesses in better condition than they found them. Talk to Liberty Restoration now. We act promptly, professionally and effectively.
How to Handle Water Damage at Home
After experiencing a flood, remember these procedures before the professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the room
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the flooded area
- Dry wet cushions and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the chest and anything within
- Transfer photos, documents and art to a stable, dry location
- Clear away damp fabrics and dry them
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also various things you should not do to avoid further harm:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on soaked carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Do contact a water damage specialist as soon as you can
Standing Water Restoration and Repair
Has your home been affected by flooding from broken pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Provo can answer the call. Call us today.
Provo Water Damage Before & After Restoration