Complications like faulty plumbing can induce flooding, which usually results in hefty water destruction inside your home. Liberty Restoration of Provo reacts quickly with trained professionals who use proven treatment processes.
Treating flood or water damage takes more effort than household methods. Although you can easily remove surface water from walls and floors, water can drip into subfloors and between walls without you knowing. This leftover moisture can harm your home and increase the chances for mold development.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t a problem homeowners can ignore for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals fix the damage to revive your property to a livable condition quickly.
If you’re looking for water and flood damage experts in Provo, Liberty Restoration is perfect to get the work done. We hire our most qualified contractors to homes and businesses to take care of water and flood damage. Call Liberty Restoration today. We always work quickly, courteously and efficiently.
Best Practices for Water Damage in a Home
After experiencing a flood, follow these guidelines before the professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers around the affect area
- Place fans around to disseminate the air and remove moisture from the area
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise draperies off the soaked area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Relocate photos, paintings and art to a level, dry location
- Remove damp fabrics and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off add to the damage:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on soaked areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Standing Water Restoration and Repair
Has your property been damaged by flooding from broken pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Provo will help you out. Call us today.
Provo Flood Damage Before & After Restoration