Water or flood damage can shift your every day life completely. If neglected, water damage or flooding can leave permanent damage to your home. These problems need a quick response from trained contractors like those from Liberty Restoration in Provo.
Removing flood or water damage takes more effort than a towel and vacuums. Although it’s simple to clean standing water from walls and floors, water can leak into subfloors and into drywall without you realizing. This leftover water can eat at your home and increase the chances for mold development.
Unfortunately, water damage isn’t a problem homeowners can ignore for long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts repair these areas to return your home to a habitable condition quickly.
Liberty Restoration is known across Provo for our superior restoration. Our qualified experts leave businesses and homes in better condition than they found them. We act quickly, professionally and effectively. Call Liberty Restoration now.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
If you’re coping with water damage in your basement, remember these procedures to certify a safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the affect area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the room
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the wet area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Remove photos, paintings and art to a stable, dry location
- Clear away damp fabrics and air them out
- Remove wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also numerous things you should not do to avoid further destruction:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to get rid of water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Do contact a water damage professional immediately
Standing Water Repair and Restoration
Liberty Restoration operates from offices in Provo, enabling us to provide our services throughout Utah with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been damaged by a issue like broken pipes, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, call Liberty Restoration in Provo immediately.
Provo Water Damage Before & After Restoration