Problems like defective pipes can produce flooding, which usually causes serious water damage inside your home. These scenarios require a fast response from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Provo.
It takes more than mops and a vacuum to take care of water or flood damage in your home. While you can easily clean surface water from walls and floors, water can seep into lower layers and between walls without you realizing. This remaining moisture can damage your home and leave it prone to mold development.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t something homeowners can ignore for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts fix the damage to return your property to a habitable condition quickly.
When it comes to restoration specialists near Provo, Liberty Restoration is perfect for the job. We hire skilled specialists to businesses and homes to treat flood and water damage. Contact Liberty Restoration today. We always work promptly, courteously and effectively.
Best Practices for Water Damage at Home
If you discover water damage at home, follow these strategies before the professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the wet area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and remove moisture from the area
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise draperies off the wet area
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Remove photos, paintings and art to a stable, dry location
- Clear away soaked clothes and dry them
- Transfer wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also numerous things you should not do to avoid add to the harm:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Do contact a flood damage specialist immediately
Has your property been affected by flooding from broken plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Provo can assist you. Call us today.
Provo Flood Damage Before & After Restoration