Nobody would ever enjoy discovering sewer backup in their house. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration serves the Provo area with sewer backup services. When your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t delay calling for service. Contact Liberty Restoration right away to talk to a contractor to remove the damage.
Dangers of Sewage Backup
Trying to take care of sewage spills without the correct training can aggravate the problem. Because of this, it is important to take the correct measures to combat the sewage dilemma to prevent further issues. Even little overflows carry a cocktail of toxins that may cause health problems like Salmonella.
We begin sanitation by cleaning up liquid and solid waste. We need to also dry the area before addressing the plumbing infrastructure. Equipped with specialized tools, we can begin treating your sewage damage situation. The Liberty Restoration staff performs the drying-out and removal steps as quickly as we can to prevent build up of mold or odor. In severe situations, Liberty Restoration can take steps for mold removal to prevent issues from getting worse.
Responding to Sewage Overflow
The contractors with Liberty Restoration have years of training and experience with sewage removal techniques. Not following these methods can expose yourself to toxins. While we recommend holding off until our team to appear at your home, here are some precautions you can take:
- Quarantine contaminated areas to prevent kids or pets from interfering.
- Use waterproof rubber boots and gloves.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- Any affected fabrics should be doused in hot water or taken to a professional dry cleaner.
- Dispose of tainted items like carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even a little residue in porous items can spread illness.
- Do not eat or keep any food that touches sewage backup.
- Clean your hands thoroughly with soap after being around contaminated areas, especially prior to drinking.