Discovering sewer damage in your home is a terrible thing. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration helps the Provo Ut region with sewer damage services. Don’t wait to get help with this problem if you run into it. Get the professionals at Liberty Restoration to remedy the problem, regardless of how big the problem is.
Problems with Sewage Leaks
If you try fixing the backup without proper training, the situation can become worse. A scenario that involves sewage is always a delicate one, so it’s critical to proceed precisely. Even minor spills have a blend of pathogens that may cause illnesses like Hepatitis A.
We begin cleanup by eliminating liquid and solid debris. We need to also dry the area before treating the sewer infrastructure. Next, we start sanitization steps to treat and counteract the toxic waste material present in the sewage. The Liberty Restoration team performs the aeration and removal steps as rapidly as possible to prevent build up of mold or odor. If your sewer damage is particularly serious, we can conduct updates to prevent mold growth.
Before the Contractors Arrive
The specialists at Liberty Restoration are highly trained in sewage removal techniques. Failure to follow these methods can put yourself in danger. While we suggest holding off until our team to appear on the scene, please follow these precautions:
- Section off contaminated areas to prevent children or pets from getting in the way.
- If you need to remove anything from the location, use waterproof gloves and tough boots.
- Avoid direct contact with affected items.
- Clean fabrics in hot water or take them to a dry cleaner.
- Get rid of dirty items like carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even just a little contamination in porous items can spread illness.
- Discard all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Clean your hands thoroughly with soap after being around contaminated areas, particularly before drinking.