Discovering sewer backup in your home is never a pleasant surprise. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration helps the Provo Ut area with sewer backup sanitation. When your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t wait to call for service. Contact Liberty Restoration now to talk to a contractor to reverse the issue.
Sewer Line Hazards
Attempting to remove sewage leaks without the proper certifications can worsen the dilemma. A scenario involving sewage is usually a hard one, so it’s essential to work carefully. Sewage of all sorts have microbes and pathogens that may result in sickness.
We start sanitation by eliminating physical waste. In some cases, sewage treatment can only begin once the location has been cleaned. Next, we start disinfection procedures to treat and counteract the hazardous sewage present in the sewage. One of our initial goals is to remove odors and anything that may breed mold. In serious cases, Liberty Restoration contractors may take steps to prevent mold and avoid problems from getting worse.
Responding to Sewage Overflow
It can be tempting to try to remove any backup without professional training. We recommend talking to one of our specialists before acting. In order to protect your health, we advise taking great care and following some easy steps. You should:
- Quarantine soiled areas to prevent kids or animals from interfering.
- Always use water resistant rubber boots or gloves if walking into the location.
- Avoid direct contact with touched items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or taking them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Dispose of dirty items like carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even just a little contamination in porous items can promote disease.
- Do not consume or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly with soap after being around contaminated areas, especially prior to drinking.