Call 1-888-334-6086 for any mold problems!
Mold is an unpleasant and unhealthy house guest. Regular cleaning and maintenance can improve your odds of preventing mold. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that clean homes don’t have these issues. Mold can grow following unexpected flooding in the home or even living in a humid climate. If you think you have a mold problem, it’s time to call Liberty Restoration.
Our restoration experts can offer thorough mold removal services to ensure that mold is nowhere to be found in your house. Additionally, we’ll provide remediation techniques to prevent mold growth in the future. Prevent and fight mold on your own by reading our lists below. Contact us today for professional mold removal in the Provo area.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Mold Remediation
- Receive an expert assessment of your mold issues from a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional.
- Wait for a professional mold inspection before doing anything near contaminated areas.
- Prevent any water from leaking onto the contaminated area.
- If books or other paper items are contaminated, handle them with care to avoid spreading spores. Once they have dried completely, use a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum to remove as much mold as possible. Use fully sealed plastic bags to quickly dispose of the vacuum contents.
- Try steam cleaning or a wet vac on contaminated carpets. Make sure the area is fully ventilated until it has dried completely. This should help keep mold from spreading.
- Don’t touch any visible mold growth. This could cause millions of invisible and dangerous spores to quickly spread in the air.
- DO NOT PUT BLEACH ON MOLD. Bleach releases harmful and won’t kill viable spores and source colonies before evaporating. There are far better and safer antimicrobial products available.
- Don’t use fans on mold thinking it will go away. Blowing air onto a mold infested air will disperse harmful spores into the air.
Receive help with your mold problems in Provo by contacting Liberty Restoration. We will provide an expert assessment and start your mold removal and remediation work as quickly as possible.