Damage from water or flooding can totally shift the daily routine in your home. If ignored, water damage or flooding can leave permanent harm to your property. It’s important to find a company that can clean up a flooded room. These scenarios call for a speedy response from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Provo.
You will need more than towels and a fan to remove flood or water damage in your home. While it’s easy to clean surface water from walls and floors, water can leak into subfloors and into drywall without you being aware. Without trained help, the likelihood of mold growth and lasting water damage increase.
Disregarding damage caused by water can cost you significant time and money as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts remedy the damage to return your property to a livable state quickly.
If you’re looking for restoration specialists around Provo, Liberty Restoration is perfect for the job. Our qualified professionals leave water damaged areas better than they found them. Contact Liberty Restoration today. We work fast, courteously and efficiently.
Handling Home Water Damage Correctly
If you’re dealing with water damage anywhere else in your house, remember these guidelines to ensure a safe restoration:
- Invest in dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Put fans around to disseminate airflow and remove moisture from the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Remove photos, paintings and art to a level, dry area
- Remove soaked clothes and air them out
- Transfer wet books from shelves and spread out pages for the best results
Remember that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off add to the destruction:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Don’t use electrical devices on soaked carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Do call a water damage professional immediately
The Best Company for Affordable Flood Damage Restoration
Liberty Restoration operates from a location in Salt Lake City and St. George, allowing us to assist customers across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your property has been damaged by an issue like leaky pipes, flash flooding, cracked foundation or damaged drainage, call Liberty Restoration in Provo at 801-917-3803 now.