Damage from water or flooding can totally change the daily routine in your home. If ignored, water damage or flooding can result in permanent harm to your property. These problems require a speedy response from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Ogden.
Removing flood or water damage takes more effort than cleaning a minor spill. While it’s easy to remove standing water from walls and floors, water can leak into subfloors and between drywall without you knowing. Without trained restoration, chances for mold development and lasting water damage increase.
Unfortunately, water damage isn’t something homeowners can overlook for long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup professionals fix these areas to return your property to a livable condition in no time.
Liberty Restoration is known throughout Ogden for our superior work. Our knowledgeable professionals leave businesses and homes better than they were before. Call Liberty Restoration today. We always work promptly, professionally and efficiently.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
If you’re dealing with water damage anywhere else in your house, follow these guidelines before the professionals arrive:
- Invest in dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and dry the area
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the soaked area
- Dry wet cushions and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Transfer photos, paintings and valuables to a level, dry location
- Remove moist fabrics and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also several things you should not do to avoid further harm:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to clean up water
- Don’t use electrical devices on soaked areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Do call a water damage professional immediately
Contact Liberty Restoration
Has your property been affected by flooding from broken plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Ogden will assist you. Call us today.
Ogden Flood Damage Before & After Restoration