Issues like faulty plumbing can lead to flooding, which typically results in hefty water destruction inside your home. These issues call for immediate attention from trained contractors like those from Liberty Restoration in Ogden.
It takes more than towels and a fan to remove water or flood damage in your home. Moderate to serious damage can seep into subflooring, walls and the lower layers of your home that aren’t as easy to treat alone. This remaining moisture can damage your home and leave it prone to mold growth.
Neglecting flood damage can have a high price as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists fix these areas to revive your home to a habitable state quickly.
Liberty Restoration is known across Ogden for our reliable restoration. Our skilled professionals leave homes and businesses in better condition than they found them. We act fast, professionally and effectively. Call Liberty Restoration today.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
If you’re coping with flood or water damage in your basement, follow these procedures before the professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers around the wet area
- Place fans around to disseminate the air and remove moisture from the area
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise draperies off the flooded area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Relocate photos, paintings and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Clear away moist clothes and dry them
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Remember that there are also various things you should not do to fend off further damage:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Don’t use electrical devices on soaked carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Has your home been impaired by flooding from cracked pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Ogden will answer the call. Call us today.
Ogden Flood Damage Before & After Restoration