Water or flood damage can totally change the daily schedule in your home. If left untreated, water stains or flooding can result in lasting damage to your property. These issues need immediate attention from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Ogden.
It takes more than mops and a vacuum to reverse water or flood damage in your home. Although it’s simple to clean standing water from walls and floors, water can seep into subfloors and between drywall without you knowing. This leftover water can damage your home’s foundation and leave it prone to mold development.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t a problem you can ignore for long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts repair these problems to revive your property to a livable state quickly.
When it comes to restoration specialists around Ogden, Liberty Restoration is the group to get the work done. We hire our most qualified specialists to properties to treat water and flood damage. We work quickly, professionally and effectively. Contact Liberty Restoration today.
How to Handle Water Damage at Home
After experiencing a flood, follow these procedures to ensure a safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers near the flooded area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and dry the area
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the wet area
- Dry wet upholstery and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the chest and its contents
- Transfer photos, paintings and valuables to a stable, dry location
- Remove soaked fabrics and air them out
- Transfer wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Remember that there are also numerous things you should not do to evade further harm:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Avoid using electrical devices on wet areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Liberty Restoration works from offices in Ogden, allowing us to assist customers across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your property has been affected by a problem like broken plumbing, flash flooding, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, contact Liberty Restoration in Ogden
Ogden Water Damage Before & After Restoration