Issues like broken plumbing can lead to flooding, which usually results in serious water destruction inside your home. These situations require immediate action from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Ogden.
It takes more than mops and a vacuum to treat water or flood damage in your home. While you can easily remove surface water from walls and floors, water can soak into lower layers and into walls without you knowing. Without professional assistance, chances for mold development and lasting water damage increase.
Ignoring damage caused by water can cost you significant time and money as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts repair the damage to revive your home to a habitable state quickly.
If you’re looking for water and flood damage specialists near Ogden, Liberty Restoration is the group for the job. We hire skilled professionals to properties to remove flood and water damage. Talk to Liberty Restoration now. We always work fast, professionally and effectively.
Best Practices for Water Damage in a Home
When handling water damage at home, remember these procedures to certify a safe restoration:
- Install dehumidifiers near the wet area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the room
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Transfer photos, paintings and valuables to a level, dry location
- Remove damp clothes and dry them
- Transfer wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Remember that there are also several things you should not do to fend off add to the harm:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Don’t use electrical appliances on soaked areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Has your home been damaged by flooding from cracked pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Ogden will answer the call. Call us today.
Ogden Flood Damage Before & After Restoration