Sewer backup is probably the last problem you would like to find in your home. Liberty Restoration serves the Ogden, Ut area with assistance for these situations, whether it’s due to toilet seepage, pipe blockage or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration is ready to help. When your plumbing lines take on damage, don’t wait to call for service. Call Liberty Restoration right away to speak with a contractor to clean up the issue.
Sewer Line Problems
If you attempt addressing the backup without proper training, the situation can spread. That’s why it is important to take the correct measures to reverse the backup dilemma to avoid it from getting worse. Sewage of any type have microbes and pathogens that can create sickness.
We start sanitation by clearing out liquid and solid waste. In some cases, sewer damage treatment can only start as soon as the area is dry. Next, we start disinfection procedures to remove and neutralize the hazardous waste material present in the sewage. One of our primary goals is to remove buildup, odor and stop the leak at the source. In severe situations, Liberty Restoration can take steps for mold removal to prevent problems from getting worse.
Before the Professionals Arrive
The specialists at Liberty Restoration have years of training and knowledge about sewage damage. Not following these steps can expose yourself to pathogens. While we suggest waiting for our professionals to arrive on the scene, follow these steps to prep the scene for the professionals:
- Keep the contaminated location and your family safe by blocking off the area kids and animals.
- In the case you need to grab anything from the area, use waterproof gloves and tough rubber boots.
- Avoid direct contact with affected items.
- You might be able to save some items by cleaning them in hot water or bringing them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a bit contamination needs to be tossed.
- Do not eat or keep any food that touches sewage water.
- Do not drink, eat or touch your face before thoroughly washing your hands.