Call Liberty Restoration at 1-888-334-6086 for assistance with mold removal!
Mold is disgusting to look at, but it’s also a very unhealthy house guest. You can improve your odds of preventing mold in your home through regular cleaning. But even these homes can have mold issues. Mold can grow following unexpected flooding in the home or even living in a humid climate. If you think you may have a mold problem, it’s time to call Liberty Restoration.
Through our tested mold services, our technicians can fully remove any type of mold from the home. In addition, we will perform take the steps necessary to reduce the chances of mold growth in the future. Check out our list of Dos and Don’ts below to learn more about how to prevent mold in your home. To receive professional mold removal service in Ogden, contact Liberty Restoration.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Mold Remediation
- Get an expert assessment of all your mold issues by calling a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional.
- Ensure that a professional mold inspection is finished before spending time in contaminated area.
- Keep any leaking water away from contaminated areas.
- Prevent the spreading of spores by carefully handling any contaminated books or paper items. After they have dried completely, remove as much mold as possible using a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum. Use fully sealed plastic bags to dispose of the vacuum contents.
- Use a wet vac or steam cleaner on contaminated carpets. Make sure the area is fully ventilated until it has dried completely. Completing these steps won’t eliminate all mold, but will go a long way to keep it from spreading.
- Don’t try to clean up mold growth. Spores cannot be seen by the naked eye, and slight disturbances can spread millions of them.
- Don’t apply bleach to mold. There are safe and more effective antimicrobial products available. Bleach releases dioxins and does not effectively kill viable spores and source colonies before it evaporates.
- Don’t use fans on mold. This could actually facilitate the movement of millions of mold spores.
Find help with your Ogden mold problems immediately by contacting Liberty Restoration. After an expert assessment, we will provide mold removal and remediation work that you can trust.