Call Liberty Restoration for assistance with mold removal
Mold can be described in a lot of ways (disgusting, gross, smelly, dangerous), but one adjective you will never hear is enjoyable. By cleaning and maintaining your home, you can improve your odds of preventing mold growth. But even these types of homes can have mold problems. Busted pipes, leaky roofs, and even hot climates can lead to mold growth. If you think you may have a problem with mold, call Liberty Restoration now.
Our restoration experts can provide thorough mold removal services to make sure that mold is completely eradicated from your house. On top of that, we will perform necessary steps to reduce the chances of future mold growth. Prevent and fight mold in your home by following our list of Dos and Don’ts below. Receive professional mold removal in Ogden and surrounding areas call Liberty Restoration.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Mold Remediation
- Get an expert assessment of all mold issues by calling a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional.
- Wait for a professional to complete a proper mold inspection before spending time in contaminated areas.
- If possible, keep any leaking water away from contaminated areas.
- Prevent the spreading of spores by carefully handling any contaminated books or documents. After they have dried completely, remove as much mold as possible using a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum. Dispose of the vacuum contents in fully sealed plastic bags.
- Try steam cleaning or a wet vac on contaminated carpets. Make sure the area is fully ventilated until it has dried completely. This should help keep mold from spreading.
- Don’t touch any visible mold growth. Spores are invisible to the naked eye, and slight disturbances can spread millions of them.
- DON’T APPLY BLEACH TO MOLD. Bleach releases harmful and does not effectively kill viable spores and source colonies before evaporating. Alternative antimicrobial products are much safer and more effective available.
- Don’t place fans on mold thinking it will go away. Blowing air onto a mold infested air will disperse tiny harmful spores into the air.
Get help with your Ogden mold problems by contacting Liberty Restoration. After an expert inspection, we will provide mold removal and remediation work that you can trust.