Call 1-888-334-6086 for assistance with mold removal
Mold can be described in a lot of ways (disgusting, smelly, dangerous), but one adjective you won’t hear is pleasant. You can improve your chances of preventing mold growth in your home through regular cleaning. But mold problems can occur in clean homes too. Flooded carpets, broken pipes, and humid temperatures can all lead to an ideal space for mold to grow. If you believe you have a problem with mold, it’s time to call Liberty Restoration.
Through our tested mold services, our technicians can fully remove mold from your home. Additionally, we’ll take the steps necessary to prevent mold growth in the future. Look at our lists below for ways to fight and prevent mold on your own. With Liberty Restoration, you will receive professional and affordable mold removal in Ogden and surrounding areas.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Mold Remediation
- Call a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional to get an expert assessment of your mold issues.
- Await a professional mold inspection before doing anything in contaminated areas.
- Keep any water away from contaminated areas.
- Prevent the spreading of spores by carefully handling any contaminated documents. After they have dried completely, remove as much mold as possible with a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum. Use fully sealed plastic bags to dispose of the vacuum contents.
- Try steam cleaning or a wet vac on contaminated carpeting. Completely ventilate the area until it has dried thoroughly. Following these steps won’t eliminate all mold, but will go a long way to keep it from spreading.
- Don’t touch or attempt to clean up mold growth. Without your knowledge, these invisible spores and be spread and breathed in.
- Don’t put bleach on mold. There are safe and more effective antimicrobial products available. Bleach evaporates before killing viable spores and source colonies.
- Don’t place fans on mold thinking it will go away. This may facilitate the movement of tiny spores through the air.
Make your home safer and healthier by calling Liberty Restoration for help with your Ogden mold problems. Following an expert assessment, we will provide mold removal and remediation work that you can count on.