Problems like defective plumbing can produce flooding, which usually causes serious water damage inside your home. These problems need a quick response from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Midvale.
Removing flood or water damage takes more effort than a mop and fans. While you can easily remove standing water from walls and floors, water can drip into subfloors and between walls without you realizing. This remaining water can eat at your home and leave it prone to mold growth.
Overlooking damage caused by water can have a high price as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts remedy the damage to revive your home to a livable condition quickly.
Liberty Restoration is famous across Midvale for our superior restoration. We send well trained specialists to businesses and homes to take care of flood and water damage. Call Liberty Restoration today. We act promptly, courteously and efficiently.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
After experiencing a flood, remember these guidelines before the professionals arrive:
- Invest in dehumidifiers near the affect area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the area
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet pillows and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Transfer photos, documents and art to a stable, dry location
- Clear away moist fabrics and air them out
- Transfer wet books from shelves and spread out pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also various things you should not do to avoid further harm:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Don’t use electrical appliances on soaked carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Liberty Restoration does business from offices in Salt Lake City and St. George, enabling us to help clients across the state with flood and other water damage emergencies. If your home has been affected by a disaster like broken plumbing, a severe rainstorm, damaged drainage or a cracked foundation, talk to Liberty Restoration in Midvale immediately.
Midvale Water Damage Before & After Restoration