Water or flood damage can change your daily routine entirely. If neglected, water stains or flooding can result in permanent damage to your property. These situations need immediate action from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Midvale.
You’ll need more than towels and a vacuum to reverse water or flood damage in your home. Moderate to severe damage can seep into floorboards, walls and the lower layers of your property that aren’t as easy to remove on your own. Without trained restoration, the likelihood of mold growth and lasting water damage increase.
Overlooking flood damage can cost you significant time and money as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts fix the damage to revive your property to a livable condition in no time.
When it comes to flood and water damage specialists in Midvale, Liberty Restoration is best to get the job done. Our skilled experts leave businesses and homes better than they found them. We act quickly, professionally and effectively. Call Liberty Restoration today.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
If you’re dealing with water damage in your basement, follow these procedures before the professionals arrive:
- Invest in dehumidifiers near the affect area
- Place fans around to distribute the air and remove moisture from the room
- Mop up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Transfer photos, paintings and art to a stable, dry location
- Remove damp clothes and dry them
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also numerous things you should not do to evade add to the damage:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to extract water
- Don’t use electrical devices on wet carpet and floors
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause contraction
- Don’t wait to call a professional, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Has your property been impaired by flooding from broken plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Midvale can help you out. Call us today.
Midvale Water Damage Before & After Restoration