Sewer backup is likely the last thing you want to find in your home. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration helps the Midvale Ut area with sewer backup cleanup. Do not wait to get help with this issue if you run into it. Get the specialists at Liberty Restoration to reverse the issue, whatever the scale.
If you try addressing the backup without proper training, the issue can become worse. That’s why it is crucial to take careful measures to reverse the sewage issue to avoid further issues. Even minor seeps contain a blend of toxins that may cause disease like Salmonella and Hepatitis A.
Our contractors have sanitized gear so they can start eliminating the waste and debris in the problem area. Often, sewage repair can only begin when the spot has been cleaned. Next, we start sanitization procedures to treat and neutralize the toxic sewage the sewage contains. One of our initial goals is to remove odors and anything that may foster mold. If your situation is especially serious, we will conduct updates to prevent growth of mold and other pathogens.
Keeping Your Family Safe
It can be tempting to try to clean up any contamination without professional training. We recommend speaking with one of our contractors before working yourself. To safeguard your family’s wellbeing, we suggest using caution and following some easy steps. You should:
- Keep children and animals away from problem spots.
- In the event you need to grab items from the location, use water resistant gloves and tough rubber boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected items.
- Any affected fabrics should be cleaned in hot water or taken to a dry cleaner.
- Get rid of tainted items like upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even a little residue in porous items can promote illness.
- Discard all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Do not drink, eat or touch your face before thoroughly washing your hands.