Encountering sewer backup at home is a terrible thing. Whether it’s a seeping toilet, blocked or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration helps the Midvale Ut region with sewer backup cleanup. Don’t neglect this issue if you run into it. Get the professionals at Liberty Restoration to reverse the issue, whatever the scale.
Hazards of Sewage Breaks
Attempting to remove sewage spills without the proper training can aggravate the problem. A scenario that involves sewage is always a hard one, so it’s important to proceed carefully. Even minor spills contain a mixture of chemicals that can result in disease like Hepatitis A and Salmonella.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have specialized technology so they can begin removing the dirt and debris in the problem area. We must also clean the mess before treating the pipe system. Equipped with the right tools, we can begin treating any ruptures, leaks or cracks causing the problem. We work quickly to remove buildup, odor and stop the leak at the source. In serious cases, Liberty Restoration can perform mold removal to avoid worse issues.
Before Liberty Restoration Arrives
The specialists at Liberty Restoration are highly trained in sewage damage. Not following these methods can expose yourself to pathogens. Though we recommend holding off until our specialists to arrive on the scene, follow these steps to prep the scene for the professionals:
- Keep the contaminated location and your family safe by blocking off the area children and animals.
- In the event you must grab items from the area, use waterproof gloves and heavy duty boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with touched possessions.
- Any compromised fabrics should be doused in hot water or brought to a professional dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a small amount of contamination needs to be disposed of.
- Do not ingest or keep any food that touches sewage water.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap after coming into contact with contaminated areas, especially before drinking.