If you find mold in your home, call Liberty Restoration at 1-888-334-6086
Mold isn’t just disgusting, but it’s also hazardous to your health. You can go a long way to prevent mold in your home with regular cleaning and maintenance. But clean homes can have mold problems too. Mold can grow following unexpected flooding in the home or even something as innocuous as a humid climate. If you believe you have a mold problem, it’s time to call Liberty Restoration now.
Our experienced restoration technicians can provide thorough mold removal services to make sure that mold is completely eradicated from your house. Additionally, we’ll take the steps necessary to prevent mold growth in the future. Look at our list of Dos and Don’ts below for ways to fight and prevent mold on your own. Liberty Restoration is a resource where you can receive professional and affordable mold removal service in Midvale.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Mold Remediation
- Get an expert assessment of all mold issues by calling a certified Utah mold removal and remediation professional.
- Avoid all contaminated areas until a professional mold inspection has been completed.
- Keep any water away from contaminated areas.
- Prevent spores from spreading by carefully handling any important books or paper items that have been contaminated. Once they have dried completely, use a high-efficiency HEPA vacuum to remove as much mold as you can. Dispose of vacuum contents in fully sealed plastic bags.
- For contaminated carpeting, use steam cleaning or a wet vac. Make sure the area is fully ventilated until it has dried completely. This will not fully eliminate mold, but will prevent it from spreading.
- Don’t touch or attempt to clean up mold growth. This could cause spores to quickly spread.
- DO NOT PUT BLEACH ON MOLD. There are far better and safer antimicrobial products available. Bleach doesn’t only release harmful dioxins, but also evaporates before it can kill viable spores and source colonies.
- Don’t place fans on mold. Blowing air onto a mold infested air will disperse harmful spores into the air by the millions.
Find help with your Midvale mold problems immediately by contacting Liberty Restoration. After an expert assessment, we will provide mold removal and remediation work that you can count on.