Damage from water or flooding can totally halt the every day schedule in your home. If ignored, water damage or flooding can leave lasting damage to your property. Liberty Restoration reacts quickly by sending skilled professionals who use effective treatment processes.
Treating flood or water damage requires more effort than household methods. Although you can easily clean surface water from areas in your home, water can drip into subfloors and between drywall without you knowing. This leftover moisture can damage your home’s foundation and increase the chances for mold growth.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t a problem homeowners can overlook for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts fix these problems to revive your property to a comfortable state in no time.
Liberty Restoration is famous throughout Logan for our reliable restoration. We hire our most qualified contractors to properties to remove flood and water damage. We act quickly, professionally and effectively. Reach out to Liberty Restoration now.
Best Practices for Water Damage in a Home
After experiencing a flood, remember these procedures before the professionals arrive:
- Set up dehumidifiers around the affect area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and remove moisture from the area
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift draperies off the flooded area
- Dry wet cushions and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all drenched drawers to dry the inside and anything within
- Relocate photos, documents and art to a level, dry location
- Clear away soaked fabrics and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Keep in mind that there are also several things you should not do to evade further destruction:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Don’t use electrical devices on wet areas
- Don’t step in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause shrinkage
- Do call a water damage professional immediately
Has your property been affected by flooding from cracked plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Logan can answer the call. Call us today.
Logan Flood Damage Before & After Restoration