Sewer backup is probably the last problem you want to walk in on. Whether it’s a blocked or corroded pipe or seeping toilet, Liberty Restoration serves the Logan area with sewer backup sanitation. When your toilet or sewer line takes on damage, don’t wait to get service. Reach out to Liberty Restoration right away to talk to a contractor and clean up the issue.
Dangers of Sewage Backup
Attempting to clean up sewage leaks without the correct training can worsen the situation. A scenario involving sewage is usually a hard one, so it’s essential to proceed with caution. Sewage of all types have bacteria and pathogens that can create illness.
We start treatment by eliminating physical waste. We must also dry the problem spot before we can fix the plumbing infrastructure. Next, we start disinfection steps to remove and neutralize the toxic sewage the sewage contains. The Liberty Restoration team performs the drying-out and extraction steps as quickly as we can to prevent mold and odor growth. In severe situations, Liberty Restoration contractors may take steps to keep mold away and prevent problems from getting worse.
Before the Specialists Arrive
The specialists at Liberty Restoration are highly trained in sewage removal techniques. Failure to follow these steps can expose yourself to pathogens. While we recommend waiting for our team to respond on the scene, here are some precautions you can take:
- Keep the contaminated area and your family safe by blocking off the location kids and pets.
- If you have to get items from the location, use water resistant gloves and tough boots.
- Avoid direct contact with touched possessions.
- Clean any fabric in hot water or bring them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Get rid of dirty items like carpeting, upholstery and mattresses. Even a little residue in porous items can spread illness.
- Get rid of all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Always wash your hands with hot water and soap after being in contaminated areas.