Finding sewer damage at home is a terrible thing. Liberty Restoration serves the Logan, Ut area with help for this scenario, whether it’s a result of pipe blockage, toilet seepage or corroded pipes, Liberty Restoration is ready to reverse the damage. If your plumbing lines take on damage, don’t wait to call for help. Reach out to Liberty Restoration right away to speak with a contractor to clean up the issue.
If you try addressing the backup yourself, the situation can intensify. A scenario that involves sewage is always a delicate one, so it’s critical to work precisely. Sewage of any type contain microbes and toxins that can create disease.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have protective equipment that allows us to start get rid of the waste and debris around the mess. We have to also clean the problem spot before treating the plumbing infrastructure. Armed with the right tools, we can start treating your sewage damage situation. One of our primary goals is to neutralize odors and anything that may foster mold. In serious situations, Liberty Restoration can conduct mold removal to avoid problems from getting worse.
Responding to Sewage Backup
Please do not attempt to clean up any backup without the proper training and equipment. We recommend speaking with one of our contractors before acting. To protect your family’s health, we suggest using caution and using some easy steps. You should:
- Section off contaminated areas to prevent kids or animals from interfering.
- Always use waterproof gloves or rubber boots if entering the location.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected possessions.
- Any compromised fabrics should be doused in hot water or brought to a dry cleaner.
- Get rid of dirty items like upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even just a little contamination in porous items can spread disease.
- Do not eat or keep any food that comes in contact with sewage backup.
- Do not drink, eat or touch your face prior to thoroughly cleaning your hands.