Nobody would ever have fun finding sewer backup at home. Liberty Restoration helps the Logan area with these situations, whether it’s caused by toilet seepage, pipe blockage or corroded pipes, we’re here to fix it. Do not neglect this issue if you encounter it. Contact Liberty Restoration right away to speak with a contractor and fix the issue.
If you try to fix the backup alone, it can make the spill more difficult to remove. A situation that involves sewage is usually a delicate one, so it’s essential to work carefully. Sewage of all sorts contain microbes and pathogens that can create disease.
The Liberty Restoration contractors have sanitized equipment that allows us to begin get rid of the dirt and debris in the problem area. We must also clean the problem spot before treating the pipe infrastructure. Next, we start sanitization steps to treat and counteract the hazardous sewage inside the sewage. We work rapidly to remove buildup, odor and anything that may foster mold. If your situation is particularly severe, we can perform updates to stop growth of pathogens and mold.
Responding to Sewage Overflow
The specialists at Liberty Restoration have years of training and experience with sewage damage. Failure to follow these steps can put yourself in danger. While we recommend holding off until our team to arrive at your home, here are some precautions you can take:
- Keep children and animals away from problem areas.
- Always use water resistant rubber boots or gloves before walking into the location.
- Avoid direct contact with touched possessions.
- Clean fabrics in hot water or take them to a professional dry cleaner.
- Upholstery, carpeting or mattresses with even a bit contamination should be thrown out.
- Get rid of all contaminated food that comes in contact with sewage water.
- Don’t drink, eat or touch your face prior to thoroughly washing your hands.