Water or flood damage can totally shift the every day routine in your home. If neglected, water damage or flooding can leave permanent harm to your property. These problems require immediate action from professionals like those from Liberty Restoration in Centerville.
It takes more than towels and a fan to remove water or flood damage in your home. Although it’s simple to remove surface water from walls and floors, water can drip into lower layers and between drywall without you realizing. This leftover moisture can eat at your home and leave it prone to mold development.
Unfortunately, flood damage isn’t an issue you can overlook for too long. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup specialists repair the damage to restore your property to a livable state in no time.
Liberty Restoration is famous across Centerville for our quality work. Our skilled professionals leave businesses and homes better than they were before. We act quickly, professionally and effectively. Call Liberty Restoration now.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
After experiencing a flood, remember these guidelines before the professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers around the affect area
- Place fans around to circulate the air and dry the room
- Clean up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to lift curtains off the flooded area
- Dry wet cushions and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all wet drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Remove photos, paintings and valuables to a level, dry location
- Clear away soaked clothes and air them out
- Take out all of the wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Remember that there are also numerous things you should not do to fend off add to the harm:
- Avoid using a household vacuum cleaner to get rid of water
- Avoid using electrical devices on wet areas
- Avoid stepping in flood water if the electricity around it is still on
- Avoid lifting the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Don’t wait to call a flood damage specialist, the longer you wait, the more damage will occur
Contact Liberty Restoration
Has your property been affected by flooding from broken pipes or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Centerville can help you out. Call us today.
Centerville Flood Damage Before & After Restoration