Water or flood damage can totally halt the every day routine in your home. If neglected, water stains or flooding can result in lasting harm to your property. These situations call for immediate action from trained specialists like those from Liberty Restoration in Centerville.
You’ll need more than mops and a vacuum to take care of flood or water damage in your home. Significant to severe damage can seep into subflooring, drywalls and layers under your property that are difficult to take care of on your own. This remaining moisture can damage your home’s foundation and leave it prone to mold development.
Overlooking damage caused by water can cost you significant time and money as a homeowner. The Liberty Restoration emergency cleanup experts remedy the damage to revive your property to a comfortable state in no time.
If you’re looking for flood and water damage experts around Centerville, Liberty Restoration is perfect for the job. Our qualified professionals leave water damaged areas better than they were before. Contact Liberty Restoration now. We work quickly, professionally and effectively.
How to Handle Water Damage in a Home
When handling water damage in your home, follow these guidelines before the professionals arrive:
- Install dehumidifiers near the wet area
- Place fans around to disseminate the air and dry the room
- Soak up as much water as you can
- Use a coat hanger to raise curtains off the soaked area
- Dry wet upholstery and prop furniture on bricks with aluminum foil below furniture bases
- Open all soaked drawers to dry the inside and its contents
- Remove photos, documents and art to a stable, dry location
- Clear away damp fabrics and dry them
- Transfer wet books from shelves and open the pages for best results
Take it into account that there are also several things you should not do to avoid further impairment:
- Don’t use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Don’t use electrical devices on wet carpet and floors
- Don’t step in flood water if the power around it is still on
- Don’t try to lift the carpet up because it can cause reduction
- Do call a flood damage specialist immediately
Standing Water Repair and Restoration
Has your property been affected by flooding from broken plumbing or a heavy rain? Liberty Restoration in Centerville will assist you. Contact us today.
Centerville Flood Damage Before & After Restoration