Sewer backup is likely the last thing you want to discover in your home. Liberty Restoration helps the Centerville area with this scenario, no matter if it’s from corroded pipes, toilet seepage or pipe blockage, we’re here to help. Don’t neglect this issue if you encounter it. Contact Liberty Restoration now to speak with a member of our staff to reverse the problem.
Dangers of Sewage Spills
If you try to fix the mess alone, it could make the situation worse. Because of this, it is essential to take the proper care to combat the sewage problem to prevent further issues. Sewage of any kind contain bacteria and pathogens that can cause disease.
Our contractors have protective gear that allows us to start eliminating the dirt and liquids in the problem area. In some cases, sewer damage treatment can only begin once the area is dry. Next, we start sanitization steps to remove and counteract the hazardous sewage the sewage contains. One of our initial goals is to remove odors and stop the leak at the source. In dire situations, Liberty Restoration can perform mold removal to avoid worse issues.
Before Liberty Restoration Arrives
The contractors at Liberty Restoration have years of training and experience with sewage damage. Failure to follow these steps can expose yourself to pathogens. While we suggest holding off until our team to appear on the scene, follow these steps to prep the scene for the professionals:
- Keep kids and pets away from contaminated areas.
- In the case you must remove anything from the location, use water resistant gloves and tough rubber boots.
- Do not come in direct contact with affected possessions.
- Any compromised fabrics should be cleaned in hot water or brought to a dry cleaner.
- Get rid of tainted items like upholstery, carpeting and mattresses. Even a little residue in porous items can promote illness.
- Do not ingest or keep any food that touches sewage backup.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly with soap after being around contaminated areas, especially before drinking.